Canon Pro-100s - when deep cleaning doesn't help

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Maybe reluctant to point the finger at themselves..
I’m still using ten year old inks..
P.S. We’ve all make stupid mistakes..
Tbh I know we've had some issues with the Greys, Light Greys in the past and I've learned not to ass-u-me it's user error (unlike the days of IT tech support). But age is likely the primary culprit here... and by that I mean ink age, not the number of "tree rings" on ourselves if someone hacks off one of our limbs.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Tbh I know we've had some issues with the Greys, Light Greys in the past
That’s all the more reason to keep the carts in good condition and if necessary purge at the first sign of trouble.. Age is only a number..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Confessing my “sins” as well. I'm still using some Pro10s-Octoinkjet inks purchased in 2018..
Also using currently Canon OEM inks extracted from large PFI carts expired 8 or 10 years ago. No issues, so far, with any of them.

Of course, those are pigment inks. Therefore maybe no fair comparison with dye, but I stilI don’t think that, in this case, the problem are the inks. I concur with other opinions that the faulty part seem the carts. Inkflow issues and/or clogged nozzles, because the banding on the GY,LG,BK patches dont’t look to me like electrical damage of the printhead.

KasperDM

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4500,HP Deskjet 1000,
Hello everyone,

Reporting back here.
Flushed the grey, light grey, black and cyan carts. Filled up with nex ink.
Thanks to all your great advice this was even a relatively pleasant task, though I now really understand where 'getting fingers dirty' forum status comes from. I will certainly never forget the moment when the black ink startd flowing out from under the cap, due to an error on my part (clogged needle, loose o-ring inside the bottle cap).

Today refilled the carts, wanted to make sure they were really dry.
Sadly, still lined in the grey (see attachment) after cleaning nozzles. See images.

2024-02-06 18.51.42.jpg2024-02-06 18.51.24.jpg$

Would the ink flow be the problem in the print head?
I could buy a new OEM cart for grey and see if that makes a difference? (I have a set of old OEM carts lying around, but though not empty, these will probably have dried out, after two years?)

Thanks in advance for all the help and advice,
Kasper

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sadly, still lined in the grey (see attachment) after cleaning nozzles. See images.
You should put your worries aside and print for a week or so and see if that resolves all your issues.. A good work out can help get everything flowing again..