Canon Pro 100

retro1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Hello every body I’ve had a lot of problems with the initial set up with the Canon Pixma Pro 100. I purchased two of these printers from two different people who never used them so they were still in the original box in the original packaging with the original inks, and printhead all untouched but both printers had sat for 5-7 years. It seems that Canon was running a promotion a while back where if you purchased one of there digital cameras you got the Pro 100 free. The strange thing is during the initial set up right after installing the carts on to the printhead both of these printers malfunctioned. The two yellow lights started blinking 10 times then stop then start again. Each time I called Canon tech support and each time I was informed that the printer was dead. If this happened once I’d say “ok it’s a fluke” but to have the same thing happen on two separate printers tells me there is something going on. If anyone knows if Canon printers have an expectation date or maybe it’s something else I don’t know but would very much like to find out what’s going on. Any help, and, or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

retro1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
No I’m from the other LA