zing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma pro 100 pixma, pm610
I got my pro 100 for Christmas AND its a great machine

I love it and as usual I do have a couple questions

1st one:

Does anyone have an opinion on the photo processing app that came in with the driver ?

I want to get the best prints out of the pro 100 as possible. RIght now I use a copy of photoshop i got for my kids years ago but it seems to do o-k

I have a set of oem ink cartridges on hand for the pro 100 but I did buy a precision color refill kit with chip re setter and a new yellow cartridge when I got the printer.

2nd question

Will I have to change out all the cartridges at once ? And will they likely leak after repeated use as my neighbor claims ?

I wanted to add a few thank you s for the help on the mp610 and the help I got from a member here when I set up my pro 100. I watched a video on you tube on how to set up the pro 100.

Then I was surfing around this site a day or two ago and recognized him It was Jtoolman on youtube

So thanks for helping me set up my pro 100 I didn't have any problems at all !!!

Bill

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Bill, it’s great to hear you’re enjoying your new printer and yes @jtoolman is a wonderful guy for advice when it comes to photo printing, he has lots of other splendid videos on photo editing also.

Now it’s not mandatory, but it is better to change and refill any cartridge that is showing below half full when one cartridge first shows the low on ink warning sign, and the answer is no, your refilled cartridges** will not leak no matter how many times you refilled them..

** You can practice your refilling technique on the redundant yellow cartridge using water as many times as you like, because resealing the refill hole 100% is vitally important, otherwise your neighbour would be right, they will leak.. :eek:

zing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma pro 100 pixma, pm610
Thank you Hat That is great news !

Bill