Canon Pro-100 Banding in Standard Quality Mode but great in High Quality Mode

martincregg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
I use Color Precision Inks and have had no issues. After a period of no printing I get banding. I've watched videos and read forums and have cleaned the print head in a solution of 10 part distilled water, 2 parts isopropyl alcohol and 1 part ammonia. I did a nozzle check and found that the cyan nozzle is still causing the issue. HOWEVER, as soon as I did that I "accidentally" printed a Test page using High Quality mode. I noticed that there was no banding. Repeating this with Standard Quality mode reveals banding. Interesting! I reprinted an image that I know was banding and I got banding (this was done using Standard Quality)... sure enough, banding. I repeated using High Quality... NO BANDING.

The good news is I can now create prints that look fantastic. The bad news is that I suspect this uses a lot more ink. Am I correct in this?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can do?

One other piece of info that may be useful: I have tested using two different sets of ink cartridges and get the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

martincregg

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Anyone have any experience regarding my post?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Different quality settings use different droplet sizes which are printed by different nozzle rows so your observations are quite possible. Did you ever replace the printhead before ? It is most likely time to do so at this time.