Canon pro 100 11 blinks on power up horrible noice .

ulao

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
Hi, all. I'm attempting to diag a printer issue here I have not seen before. I'm quite use to the canon pro 100, I have one here working and I do have the software for maintenance mode. This one with the 11 blinks shows that on power up. If I go in to maintenance it blinks 24 times.

11 sometimes indicates the paper track mode is wrong but I think that is not my issue. Shortly after I power it up the paper tray bounces a round, the head jumps up and down and bangs and screeches at me.

I check all the connections to the board and they look good. I do not see any jams but it does try to load the paper .

Curious if anyone know why this maybe?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
What kind of blinking do you have ... orange only or alternating between orange and green ?.
The first case (orange only) means operator error and can be fixed by the user.
On the second case it's service error and most of the times requires replacing a damaged component.

ulao

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
Yeah its amber flashes only. Any idea what parts may cause that? Looks like the back track is trying to move, it feeds the paper then immediate issues the error. I do not see anything constricting movent and can not figure out how to take it apart further.

Last edited: