Canon Pro 10 v Epson R3000 thoughts

Paul Edmunds

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100s
Hi. My wife and I run a successful photographic tuition business in France. Part of our guests 'package' are 4 A3+ prints of their best work printed on Bockingford Watercolour 190gsm. To start, our office printer for general work is a Epson R300 still going strong after 15 years! On the strength of this an R3000 was purchased for the photographic work, it lasted 18 months! The 2nd R3000 has also lasted just over 18 months, both general medium frequent use, they are now in the back of the car ready for the tip" the fault, clogged heads that failed to respond to a whole array of cleaning methods and solutions! To top this both had to be constantly coaxed into feeding the Bockinford 190gsm. So... we now have a Canon Pixma Pro 10s, early performance is looking good, every sheet has fed with no problems and the print quality is as good as the Epson in my opinion, and it appeares to be better built and conveys more 'confidence'. Time will tell, so far so good! I'm using Octoinks by the way.

I'd be interested to hear other members thoughts.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Bockinford 190gsm. So... we now have a Canon Pixma Pro 10s, early performance is looking good, every sheet has fed with no problems
Your paper weight is well within the capabilities of the printer!

Media Weight
Rear Tray: Plain paper (64 to 105 g/m²), Photo paper up to approx. 300 g/m² (Canon special media)
Manual Feeder: Canon special media up to approx. 350g/m² and 0.6mm

The Canon Pro line of "prosumer" printers are built like tanks. Interested to see how long the Canon lasts compared to the Epson.

in France
Have you looked at Octoinkjet for refilling needs? It is run by trusted forum member @websnail . They are in the UK, maybe close enough for a day drive trip for you and the Mrs. to enjoy a meal and postage free ink.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'd be interested to hear other members thoughts.
The Pro 10 will outlast and out shine any Epson printer for longevity and print quality, and the added bonus is how easy the carts are to refill, so all in all you have picked a winner this time, and OctoInkjet were a good choice too...;)
OctoInkjet by road....? ? I don’t think so... :confused:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
The Pro 10 will outlast and out shine any Epson printer for longevity and print quality, and the added bonus is how easy the carts are to refill, so all in all you have picked a winner this time, and OctoInkjet were a good choice too...;)
OctoInkjet by road....? ? I don’t think so... :confused:

I own two PRO 9500 MKII, IMO the same build quality.
With Canon you can change the printhead, you don't have to throw the printer away.
OTH the ink pads can get full, and they are not user replacable (don't know if you can reset the counter in the Pro 10).

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Practically at eider ends of each country
I don't know exactly where Paul is in SW France. Webbie is in England somewhere, where I do not know. There is a Chunnel railroad that can transport you in your car between the two countries. Can Paul drive from home to websnail? Yes. Could it be a day trip. Probably not. :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Paul lives in the Dordogne "as God in France"
I have waited for Godot but not been to Les Âges.

Very nice images on the web site. Thanks, palombian.