I bought the Canon Pixma Pro 1 in the UK. What a total heap of junk, that I wish I had never encountered. It has a built in problem on head cleaning and unless you are using it constantly, it wastes far more ink than it uses in actual printing. Nearly every time I come to use it, it has emptied one or other of the tiny but expensive ink tanks and it is not from all the printing I do on it. The printing is of reasonable quality but every supplied profile is too dark and you need to have your onscreen image very much brighter than you would think for it to print correctly. With all the ink it is wasting I am expecting any time for it to tell me the cleaning pad is full. In an inexcusable omission for a so called professional printer, replacing this pad is back to base, rather than a user job and costs over £300. The paper traction is terrible and will refuse to feed many matt papers at all and 4" x 6" paper of any variety. How Canon felt it was appropriate to sell this heap of c**p at the inflated price I paid for it, is beyond me. They should hang their heads in shame.
In France I bought a factory reconditioned Epson Stylus Pro 3880. What a superb machine. It wastes very little ink in cleaning and what is wasted goes into a user replaceable cleaning tank. I winterise it every year by putting in Jon Cone's refillable ink carts but filled with Piezoflush. These keep the heads working perfectly. It can be set up to feed anything from regular copier paper to thick card, matt, satin or gloss, it just does not matter. It just works. I will probably buy another one for the UK as I gather the replacement Surecolor P800 is not as reliable and bulletproof.