Canon Pro-10 update need help

CindyP

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
Hi all, I'm need on here & I need to see if you can help. I have a Canon Pro-10 printer. I updated Photoshop & then had to update Mac OS to Ventura 13.0 & I also updated my printer drivers. My prints still look very bad. The skin tones are very yellow. I'm not sure what to do.

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO100,200|1430,P600,P800|HP
When you say still look very bad, do you mean they were bad before you did all those updates? It sounds like a printer issue and not a computer issue. Have you cleaned the printhead?

CindyP

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
No, my prints looked great before I did all of these updates.

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Ok. When you updated everything, maybe your print settings were cleared in the printer preferences and/or photoshop. I've had to set everything back to the way I had it after a new install.

Not that this means anything. But I've had nothing but problems with each PRO-10 I've owned or tried to service.

Last edited:

CindyP

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
I'm not quite sure what you mean?

CindyP

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
Yep, I got the driver off of the Canon website. I don't even know what Mac Air Print is.

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'm not quite sure what you mean?
In my experience on Windows, every time you connect a new printer, the print quality and settings will be default. Even if it's the same printer you had previously. Which means you would have to update the printing preferences each time. If you updated the drivers and photoshop, you will most likely have to set everything back to what you had previously. For starters in Photoshop, you can choose who handles colors, the printer or Photoshop. Which could explain the difference in print quality.

Last edited: