Canon pro 10 "strange yellow"

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
Hi all
Before each printing , I perform a nozzle check , 3 days ago the check showed a total absence of yellow which was resolved by a cleaning of nozzles concerned . 2 days ago , nozzle check , yellow is missing , 3 nozzles check were enough to fix the problem . Yesterday , same problem , I install my second set of cartridges , the printer perform a cleaning and the nozzle check was ok . Today nozzle check , no yellow , 3 nozzles check and it's ok . My printer is 2 years old , I have 2 set of OEM cartridges filled with octoinkjet inks since august , before I used Precisioncolor inks for 18 mouths . I was able to print without problem several photos each time after I fix the problem . What should I do ? Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What should I do ? Thanks
There is not much to blame for your missing yellow ink, so you could try flooding your purge unit (Parking Station) with W5 window cleaner and then running a normal cleaning cycle, maybe do the job twice and see if that makes any difference to the missing yellow the next time you turn on your printer..

P.S. Any window cleaner will do…

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
thank you , The Hat , but how to clean the parking station without disassembling the printer ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
without disassembling the printer ?
Power on the printer first, then lift the top cover and press the Resume button as if you’re going to change a cartridge, when the print carriage moves to the centre pull the power plug from the wall socket, and move it to the far left side out of your way..

P.S. Use a large syringe of turkey baster..

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
ok ! let's go ......

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
well , cleaning is done , but what is the relationship between a dirty station and a nozzle that has a problem ??

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
well , cleaning is done
Dirty purge units tend to cause smudges on your paper surfaces from the residue left on the underside of the print head, but if the purge unit is not functioning properly i.e. one of the tubing is blocked with crud (Waste ink) then this can cause individual cartridges not to preform to optimum..

? Any improvements..

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
Nozzles check this morning ........yelow is missing , 3 nozzles check and it's ok . If I perform a nozzles check about every six hours ( after a good nozzles check ) it will be good every time , but if I wait longer ( overnight ) the yellow is missing !!!! there is no smudges on paper surfaces , if it's a problem of dirty station , why allways with yellow ?

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
cleaning the printhead outside the printer will be useful ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
cleaning the printhead outside the printer will be useful ?
Removing the print head and cleaning it externally is unnecessary and won’t help, because it’s not a print head issue, as you have changed to a new yellow cartridge, the issue should have resolved itself.

This can only be a purge unit problem or a cartridge problem, so have you flooded the purge unit with window cleaner a couple of time and then left the printer to sit for a few hours before trying again.

If that doesn’t work then I’d suggest you empty the yellow cartridge and completely clean the inside of the cartridge and outlet mesh with window cleaner or fairy/water, then refill with your current ink and try again..