Canon Pro-10 ink refill options

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
arrived at myUS in Florida Dec 9 and departed to Amsterdam Dec 17.
Please translate. I do not have my The Hat Decoder Ring available.

Talk to your boyo's in Brussels.
@palombian is like all EU customers, they must now use a US based redirect mail service if they want to get their supplies from PC inks, Mikling is penalising his loyal EU customers because of a few bad apples elsewhere.

This current tarrif mess was started by "Donald not Brussels", so you clearly don’t need a Decoder Hat to understand the latest issues.. But never say never…
🤐

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
This current tarrif mess was started by "Donald not Brussels"
Where are the tariffs on goods shipped from the USA to the EU being applied, in the USA or in the EU?

PS The current trade issues did not begin with Trump but came to a head in 2004 with Airbus.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Mikling is penalising his loyal EU customers because of a few bad apples elsewhere.
This is a tale as old as Adam and Eve - bad apple(s) spoiling the bunch.

Mikling can not be expected to absorb significant out of pocket losses, not to mention the resulting hassles, due to loss of product in transit. The people penalizing you are the bad apples. Mikling is a victim, too.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
PS The current trade issues did not begin with Trump but came to a head in 2004 with Airbus.
Mikling can not be expected to absorb significant out of pocket losses, not to mention the resulting hassles, due to loss of product in transit. The people penalizing you are the bad apples. Mikling is a victim, too.
I won’t compete, so I’m out of here… This subject is closed… 🤐 🤐 🤐

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
My ink from PC via MyUS arrived today, after 5 weeks (over the Xmas period).

I must agree that I selected the least expensive option (Yun, DHL Netherlands, Bpost) but this has the advantage the package is delivered in the postal office nearby where it stays 14 days, while with Fedex you can fetch it yourself 50 km away when you miss the delivery.
Anyway the package was insured.
MyUS is not cheap and not fast (in any case you loose a week due to the double shipping) but they seem to be well organized.

Custom declaration is based on the merchandise value without shipping.

In my case they charged USD 44.95 on a value of 74.00 (I paid 9.60 shipping in addition to PC).

VAT 21%: 15.54
Shipping: 17.95
Balance (extrapolated) 11.46 for custom handling (very reasonable IMO)

In addition 2.99 insurance.

As long as president Trump does not ban export of US ink , we Europeans can enjoy the priviledge of superior American products :D.

Edit:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Did you pay Customs handling fees beforehand (directly to MyUS on shipping ) or to the Belgian post when you picked the parcel ?. I ask because it's an unexpected low amount. If the fee is applied by the local Post Office on delivery, in my case they’re greedier and I'd have to pay 10 Euro more than you.

Anyway, If I got you right, for a merchandise valued $74 you paid an additional $45 for Customs/Vat/shipping USA-EU plus $9.6 for shipping PC-MyUS.
Total was $128.6, while an USA customer would have paid $83.6 and I’m not counting the currency conversion fee from USD to Euro ( 4% more ).

In all likelihood, PC SE Pro10 inks are superior to any other third party product that we can buy directly in Europe but this quality doesn’t comes cheap at all. Is it worthwhile that extra cost ?. Possibly yes for people wanting the ultimate quality ( leaving aside OEM ink), In my case, I’m not sure yet.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Did you pay Customs handling fees beforehand (directly to MyUS on shipping ) or to the Belgian post when you picked the parcel ?. I ask because it's an unexpected low amount. If the fee is applied by the local Post Office on delivery, in my case they’re greedier and I'd have to pay 10 Euro more than you.

Anyway, If I got you right, for a merchandise valued $74 you paid an additional $45 for Customs/Vat/shipping USA-EU plus $9.6 for shipping PC-MyUS.
Total was $128.6, while an USA customer would have paid $83.6 and I’m not counting the currency conversion fee from USD to Euro ( 4% more ).

In all likelihood, PC SE Pro10 inks are superior to any other third party product that we can buy directly in Europe but this quality doesn’t comes cheap at all. Is it worthwhile that extra cost ?. Possibly yes for people wanting the ultimate quality ( leaving aside OEM ink), In my case, I’m not sure yet.

For Belgium all fees were paid in advance, I could collect the package as is.

In EUR I paid €78.69 to PC and €46.06 to MyUS.

Depending on the sales volume of Precision Colors US customers possibly pay state taxes (between 5 and 10%) also.

Edit:

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
In all likelihood, PC SE Pro10 inks are superior to any other third party product that we can buy directly in Europe
That’s a bold statement if I ever heard one, if PC inks are that good, how come you still have to substitute some OEM in the inkset… ?
Where’s the evidence, because you can't judge PC inks solely on the basis of hearsay, that is a dis-service to the other ink suppliers in the EU not to mention Korea..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
That’s a bold statement if I ever heard one, if PC inks are that good, how come you still have to substitute some OEM in the inkset… ?
Where’s the evidence, because you can't judge PC inks solely on the basis of hearsay, that is a dis-service to the other ink suppliers in the EU not to mention Korea..

Amazing indeed how everyone judges only on hearsay.
We must also not forget that - by absence of other fora on this matter - sadly enough we are the only voice (in the desert ?) and that we should try to stay objective and speak from experience.

IMO the most important criteria for (3th party) ink are: no clogs or feed problems, adherence, gloss and good gamut.

As far as I can judge after one month and 200 prints, 6 of 10 Octoinkjet inks pass all criteria.
Magenta and particularly red have a good gamut, but some issues to solve on the first criterium (magenta in the first place).
PBK has also a deep black (much better than in my first measures), but is not scratch resistent on glossy papers (as warned), and should be replaced by OEM for best results. No problems on semi-gloss or luster.
CO is much less (gloss enhancing) than OEM.

Actually I use the original Precision Colors CO and rate it 85-90% of OEM.

Since I pay this from my own pocket I have to limit my research to inks I expect to do better.
Because Precision Colors indicates the red is not up to OEM, I see no reason to buy this one.

Based on the published profiles, the gamut to the green and blue side is promised to be better.
I might hope a better adherence of the PBK (together with a deep black).
Other users reported PC magenta has no issues.
According to @jtoolman José Rodriguez the resin level of the SE CO should be enhanced too.

The Signature Edition Magenta, Yellow, Cyan, PBK and CO will be tested soon.

I still have enough OEM (and bought extra magenta and red) to include in the comparision.

Last edited:

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The real user needs something that prints like OEM and nothing more and they want to do it over and over again without the use of ICCs and mucking around. All the SE inksets achieve this and is the culmination of a lot of personal work and effort. To get that it means that certain tasks must be done with. Thousands of users are enjoying the fruits of this work and unfortunately it means that some potential users will never be able to enjoy it because they are not located to shipping destinations.
Leaders I feel like President Trump some days. Any decision made will always have a bad side and comments will be made but like anyone making a decision.......decisions are not always win win.... Social media does not deal with this issue at all.

I go beyond just buying the stuff and pushing it out.
When you have to deal with issues that the best chemists don't even understand and overcome it that says a lot doesn't it?

I do not care about improving the gamut at the expense of neutrality because the real majority of users don't want that. They want to print as close as possible to what the OEM does and not mess or deal with issues. I can tell you I have had zero problems in over a thousand user base of Pro-10 SE over 2 years and over 2.5 thousand user base over 6 years. The record of "issues" in the pro-10 inkset is like the reliability record of a Lexus....you do not cross that line. So the SE had to stay on that record and it has.

One aspect of personal aging is stress control. I will not sell any ink that can cause stress, International shipping is part of that STRESS equation. When a husband and wife team needs to serve a vast user base, the last thing I want to hear about is about a reliability issue. Or even a "color" issue. Every inkset we ship is PROVEN to be stress free. For me that is the most important thing and I suspect the same for users. If a user has a color issue I know there is no possibility of the ink but workflow either in refilling or processing.

BTW, this husband and wife has been down with the FLU the last week but continued to ship to their loyal base and to that base....thank you.