Canon Pro-10 ink refill options

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
It is a bit more complex.

To start with, I (and as I understand neither @Artur5 ) did pay VAT and custom fees when Mike sent us ink by ordinary mail (no wrongdoing from his side, he declares the correct value, I suppose small packages pass unattended in some countries).
In fact we bought PC ink extremely cheap.
If he sends it with a carrier as Fedex, UPS, DHL, we will pay VAT and custom handling fees, but no double shipping fees or other costs myUS charges, and it would be much faster.
After the Brexit Martin can probably export the ink without VAT, so the additional cost will be only custom clearance fee (€10-15 flat).

I ordered (most of the) ink for my PRO-10 from both because I want to keep all options open and to share my findings as a contribution to this forum.
My guess is that the extra costs and efforts are better spent this way than by experimenting with other sources.

The only continental European suppliers I know are octopus-office.de, whose inks for the PRO-10 are rather expensive, and from my (limited) experience with the 9500 not worth it (I had Grey without any gloss and not adhering to glossy paper).
Other option is the Inktec ink sold by the German guy where @Artur5 buys his Maxify ink from.

I would prefer Mike reconsiders his decision about delivery abroad and that Martin will be able to export at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Even If Mike ( PC ) changed his policy and shipped to Europe again, ordering ink for more than 25 euros, at least in my case, means that VAT and Customs fees will be automatically added. Nowadays they don’t pick parcels randomly anymore. Everything coming from outside the EU. is checked. Ordering, one at a time, small volumes of ink costing 10-20$ isn’t a solution either. The flat shipping costs from USA to Europe kills the deal.

As you said, Brexit will add a flat cost to UK imports too. VAT won’t be applied in the invoice of Octoinkjet but will be paid afterwards to your local Customs Office, along with a flat clearing fees (the infamous DUA ). My Post Service charges 19 euro right now for the simplified DUA. If the value of the parcel plus shipping surpasses 150 Euro, they apply the regular DUA (25 Euro) plus possible taxes, depending on the kind of merchandise. I wouldn’t know if ink incurs on those taxes, If so, another 5-6% would be added to the Customs invoice.

In short : Brexit means that final cost of goods up to 150 Euro will raise 10-20% to European customers purchasing from the UK. In some countries it will be even more.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
My order with PrecisionColors on Dec 2 (all in USD)

Subtotal : 74.00
Shipping : 9.60
TOTAL : 83.60

arrived at myUS in Florida Dec 9 and departed to Amsterdam Dec 17.
I received a mail with photos of the invoice and my ink bottles :D.
Goods were identified as "NESOI" so I doubt the correct import duties would be charged when over € 150.
Arrived, passed customs and transferred to DHL Netherlands Dec 24 (no sign of them yet, but hey it is Xmas)

I was charged 47.94 for all this

According to their tariffs it can be split as:

Shipping 17.99 (least expensive option 5-10 business days o_O)
Insurance 2.99
VAT 21% on 83.60 = 17.56
Balance 9.40 should be Custom handling fee

This is a 57% increase from what I paid before (without any custom charges).

When Mike would ship directly the shipping could possible be done 20.00 cheaper (and 1-2 weeks faster).
With VAT and clearing fees the increase would be only 33%.

Orders under € 25 (or is it 22 ?) to avoid EU VAT would not be more advantageous due to minimum shipping fees.

I have good hope my package will arrive next year.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have good hope my package will arrive next year.
:lol: :hit

It is funny until you realize how sad this is.

Americans complain about the US Postal Service but need to be reminded how good we have it. This discussion is a potent and clear lesson.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
:lol: :hit

Americans complain about the US Postal Service but need to be reminded how good we have it. This discussion is a potent and clear lesson.

US and Belgian Postal Service always have been capable to deliver my ink in about 10 days on average.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It has nothing to do with the Postal system on either end, now all items entering the EU from the US are thoroughly checked, (Hence the delays) and the proper sanctions applied, there is a trade dispute running between the US and EU… :(
I use to get my inks in from PC in Canada Via Belgian Postal Service in 14 days, but not anymore..:hu

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
now all items entering the EU from the US are thoroughly checked, (Hence the delays) ...
I use to get my inks in from PC in Canada Via Belgian Postal Service in 14 days, but not anymore..
Is Canada the 51st state now? :idunno

A little too much grog last night, uncle? 🥳

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
sanctions
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" as taxes by the Taxman.

I recall plenty of unhappiness with your system years before the current tariffs. It's the system that's the problem, which is then further worsened by more political shenanigans.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I use to get my inks in from PC in Canada Via Belgian Postal Service in 14 days, but not anymore..
Is Canada the 51st state now?
Canada doesn’t have the problem, Mikling does, since he won’t ship anything outside of the US, and if he had maintained his usual way of shipping then there would be no tariff issues on this side of the pond, as I said…:idunno
All his packages come by the US now…:(

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Canada doesn’t have the problem, Mikling does, since he won’t ship anything outside of the US,

All his packages come by the US now…
Please translate. I do not have my The Hat Decoder Ring available.

tariff issues
Talk to your boyo's in Brussels. 🧐