Canon Pro-10 ink refill options

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What would be my best bet? All advice greatly appreciated.
There’s not much more I can say that @palombian hasn’t said already, but if you have any questions about OctoInkjet then contact Martin by his Website, Email or phone, he’s pretty generous with his time..

Again enjoy your new Pro 10..
P.S. where possible use OEM inks for the highest quality..

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
I just bought 5 OEM Canon colours from ebay for £36. That will buy me a bit of time while I ponder what to do. I will grab the others soon to complete the set of OEM inks. Thank you for all the advice.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I just bought 5 OEM Canon colours from ebay for £36. That will buy me a bit of time while I ponder what to do. I will grab the others soon to complete the set of OEM inks. Thank you for all the advice.
If you print glossy spend some money on OEM CO (ex a PFI-1000CO for the PRO-1000).
No 3th party has the same gloss, and that's why you bought the PRO-10 I suppose.

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
I bought it because it was £40;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I bought it because it was £40
That was a huge steal at that price and worth another £100 at least, so well done on for getting one of the best printers around,..

Question:- did it not come with the original print head.. ? ?

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
That was a huge steal at that price and worth another £100 at least, so well done on for getting one of the best printers around,..

Question:- did it not come with the original print head.. ? ?
It did, but no matter what I tried I could not unclog it.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It did, but no matter what I tried I could not unclog it.
Have you tried soaking it in a saucer of pure W5 window cleaner, just enough to cover the nozzles and leave it there for a day or two, depending how much muck comes out, you may need to change the solution once or twice over the week.

When you’ve done that try placing it in a plastic container with warm water and a good few squirts of Fairy liquid, to a depth of 2 inches, again change the solution a few times.

When you think you’ve made some progress, dry it off and give it a good shake to dislodge any remaining liquid, then place it in a warm area for 24 hours to thoroughly dry then you’ll be ready to give it a test run, put 1 or 2 drops of W5 on all of the ink inlets before installing the carts.. just run a nozzle check, no other printing..

You may end up with two working print heads..

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
Have you tried soaking it in a saucer of pure W5 window cleaner, just enough to cover the nozzles and leave it there for a day or two, depending how much muck comes out, you may need to change the solution once or twice over the week.

When you’ve done that try placing it in a plastic container with warm water and a good few squirts of Fairy liquid, to a depth of 2 inches, again change the solution a few times.

When you think you’ve made some progress, dry it off and give it a good shake to dislodge any remaining liquid, then place it in a warm area for 24 hours to thoroughly dry then you’ll be ready to give it a test run, put 1 or 2 drops of W5 on all of the ink inlets before installing the carts.. just run a nozzle check, no other printing..

You may end up with two working print heads..
Too late. I already wrecked it. I will make sure not to wreck this one.
On a separate, but related point, is it possible to do remote printing over the internet when I am on holiday to prevent it clogging again? Like every week or so running a test cycle.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
is it possible to do remote printing over the internet when I am on holiday to prevent it clogging again? Like every week or so running a test cycle.
There’s no need to do that with this printer, it will happily sit and wait your return and not give you any clogs, just run your customary nozzle check before you leave and when you return start with another one and both should be the same.. Have a nice holiday..

P.S. It’s crazy to leave a Canon printer on 24/7..