Canon Pro-10 ink refill options

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
There’s no need to do that with this printer, it will happily sit and wait your return and not give you any clogs, just run your customary nozzle check before you leave and when you return start with another one and both should be the same.. Have a nice holiday..

P.S. It’s crazy to leave a Canon printer on 24/7..
Hi
I tend to go for 4-6 weeks at a time. Are you sure it will be ok?
Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I tend to go for 4-6 weeks at a time. Are you sure it will be ok?
Very sure because the Pro 10 is a very good reliable printer, but if your still a bit wary then place a plastic cover over the top to keep the printer in its own little environment, I leave my printers off for months and can still get a perfect nozzle check..

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
Very sure because the Pro 10 is a very good reliable printer, but if your still a bit wary then place a plastic cover over the top to keep the printer in its own little environment, I leave my printers off for months and can still get a perfect nozzle check..
Thanks for the advice. I will wrap it in cling film when I am gone and hope for the best. I don't want to shell out £130 on another print head.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
@The Hat, you're quite optimistic concerning this matter. Six weeks is a long time for a Canon inkjet printer to sit idle. With OEM inks usually there's no problem, but third party inks (even good ones) are another thing. I won't bet a cent that the first nozzle check after 'waking' the machine will be perfect. That doesn' t means a ruined printhead, of course. Most likely a cleaning cycle or two would fix the possible issue.
Anyway, better safe than sorry. @Fish323 : for your peace of mind, it would be better If somebody (family. friend) ran a nozzle test every week or so, while you're away.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
is it possible to do remote printing over the internet when I am on holiday
Yes, There are many applications that can do what you want. Here are three simple ways and two are free,

https://lifehacker.com/use-your-computer-from-anywhere-a-guide-to-remote-cont-5902654

I have used TeamViewer to remotely access friends and family computers to help with issues. Superb German engineering. The session uses TeamViewer's servers and there is or has been a time limit (45 minute?) but you can log back on. Have not used to remotely access my own computer, but the functioning should be the same. Simple and free for personal (non-business) use. What's not to like.

There is a "Host" version and a "QuickSupport" version. You want the "Host" version. You have to go out of your way to download the QuickSupport version (which will be named as such) It can only receive and not initiate a session. If you do get it you will notice there is no installation and it just starts up. This is good for a client or family member where installation is either not required or challenging for them to navigate. I do not know if the QuickSupport version can do unattended access sessions, so get the Host version.

Video on setting up TeamViewer for remotely accessing an unattended computer is at the following link and named "Unattended Access".

https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/customer-resource-center/

Looks like they have an application for mobile devices. Download is at the bottom of the page of the link below. Note there are Host and QuickSupport versions. Get the Host version.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/solutions/support-mobile-devices/

Download the application on each of your computers/devices. TeamViewer recognizes your Operating System and then offers you the proper version of its software.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
damp towel
I think better to keep printer out of direct sunlight and away from fans or windows blowing directly on the printer. Keep printer in ambient conditions parameters per the User Manual.

I have a cover over my printer to keep dust away.