Canon Pro-1 to be shipped (8 weeks traveling by container)

JJurdaneta85

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Dear Team,

I am currently moving from Colombia to Argentina, i will be shipping all belogings (including my Canon pro-1) by cointainer and itll take 8weeks at least to arrive to argentina. Question or better reomendations. I do know it has to be all the time in horizontal position, printer is currently working perfectly... any suggestion on how to ship it to mitigate the possible damage, for instance i am thinking to put a set of empty carts inside but i dont know what else to take into account?

rgds,
Jose

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You probably don't have the orginal box/packing material anymore, but it is difficult to assure that the printer is kept horizontal at all times. Get a big box, load the printer inside and strap that box onto a pallet, palletized goods are not turned over. I don't know if you are present when the container is loaded, make sure that not too much is loaded on top of that box.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I would also block the printhead lateral movements (by a piece of foam or cardboard as used in a new printer) to avoid it breaks out of the locked position and gets damaged by sliding uncontrolled.
Maybe the original unpacking instructions can give a clue how to do this (avoid damage to delicate elements as the timing strip).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you are doing the packing yourself, I wouldn’t bother doing anything special to the printer, just get help placing it into the container and dont place it on the container floor and have a large garbage bag to cover it.. No need for special precautions..

The container will act just like a room in a house or garage and the printer will be well at home in it, and when you get to your new location, plug it in and run a nozzle check, and I bet it will be perfect, the printer travels very well if kept flat..