Canon pro-1 question regarding clogging

PhotoPharma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1, canon pro 9500mk2
So my pro-1 has been sitting dormant for a long while now, because of nozzle clogging... I've tried oem cartridges, after market, refilling... The photo gray constantly gave streaky results... Everything else was perfect... But as a photographer, if you can't shade properly, what's the point of printing...?

Any other suggestions for cleaning out the nozzle than clean/deep clean/repeat? I've burned through so many cartridges that I've spent more on those than the printer itself (which, fortunately, I purchased a square trade warranty for and got my money back).

Thanks!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@PhotoPharma, if the Pro 1 is not printing properly, especially after all that cleaning then you most likely may have an electrical problem with your grey nozzles

The do’s and don’ts when you first find you have a bad print, first stop all photo and test printing and run a nozzle check to show which colours are affected, then run a normal cleaning cycle and follow up with a new nozzle print and check whether this printout has improved from the previous one.

If not run another normal head clean again and leave the printer to sit for an hour, then later run another nozzle check, examine each of the previous printouts together for improvements.

At this stage your printouts should have vastly improved but may not be 100% yet and may need further attention, at this point you run a deep clean and leave the printer to sit for a further 12 hours, then when you run another nozzle check it should be 100% clear, if not you have damaged one or more of the coloured nozzles.

You only alternative now would be to purchase a new print head, which is expensive, and you’ll also waste more ink changing it, or sell the printer because you have a better and cheaper alternative, your Pro 9500...
It’s probably not what you wanted to head, sorry...