Canon PRO-1 problem

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
, I now have a PRO10s up and trying to sort best settings.
Thanks for your feedback and great to hear your sorted, and printing once again, O’ the Pro 1 inks will work in the Pro 10, but the two light greys won’t…

Liam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro - 1
Thanks The Hat, not sure if I'd be up to removing the ink from the PRO-1, or refilling the PRO10S, might just stick with OEM inks.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Thanks The Hat, not sure if I'd be up to removing the ink from the PRO-1, or refilling the PRO10S, might just stick with OEM inks.

If you dump the PRO-1 why wouldn't you ?
I bought PGI-29 carts to refill my PRO-10, exactly the same inks (PGI-72GY = PGI-29DGY).

Liam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro - 1
I've never refilled before, don't know how to go about it, but I suppose it is worth considering. It would be better than wasting it, for sure. I can probably sell the unused ones and salvage the ink from the ones in it.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I can probably sell the unused ones and salvage the ink from the ones in it.
You’d be selling OEM ink cheap and then buying the same ink in smaller carts at a premium price, crazy..

The Pro 10 carts are the easiest carts to refill ever…;)

Liam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro - 1
Haha, you make it sound crazy alright. Ok, you win, I'll explore refilling. Guess I'll just have to pick your brains on the process, I always thought it was a messy process and all for a small saving, but I'm will to be converted. Are their good threads here on the process involved?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Are their good threads here on the process involved?
There are but it will take time for me to find them, I’m not great at Search…
P.S. All the posts are on PGl-9 carts , but they are the same as PGl-72 carts..

Liam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro - 1
That's great, thanks, I will do a search and see what I can find. Guessing OctoInkjet is the nearest ink supplier.?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have dozens of posts on PGl-9 refilling and extracting ink from the Pro 1 carts, but because of a software bug on the forum all my Attachment have been disables for the past 12 months, that’s left me confused to say the least..

OctoInkjet is wholly recommend for all your refilling supplies, they got everything..

Liam

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro - 1
Thanks for that, was thinking they were the ones, Precision Colours for the USA. Not to worry, I'm sure I will find what I need here, great Forum and happy I joined. I use Qimage for printing, but still trying to figure out some of its features. IS there much difference in colour between OctoInkjet inks and OEM? I wouldn't expect them to be the same but as I sometimes print for Club exhibitions and competitions, it would be good to know if they are close to each other colour wise.