Canon PRO-1 Ink Absorber

Luis Escobar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 1 / HP 5520
@The Hat:clap thank you for your PDF (waste ink pad /potty) was :thumbsup, I was worry about the cables so:fl, I did´t without unplugged but now is working!!!:weee I have to use "silicon rubber grains" (pic) because i see the pipe was a little bit "pressed":hu, but now it´s working!!! (just waiting for my potty printer:caf, now i have one DIY:ya)
40-Zelfklevende-Silicone-Rubber-Kast-Deur-Pad-Bumper-Stop-Damper-Kussen-B119.jpg_640x640.jpg
P.D. (I don´t have idea how to reduce the pic)

movinganim

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 1
hello new to this forum.
I am having a message 1700 the ink absorber is almost full on my canon pro --1.
I am in the middle of printing some book project and don't really want to change my printer yet.
I saw this post and was wondering if I could get more detailed information how can clean my ink absorber and instal Printer Potty to prevent this to happen in the future.
I really appreciate your help.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
(I don´t have idea how to reduce the pic)
The free-ware program Irfan View can do this and much more. It supports very many image file formats. I think it is very good considering it is free-ware. Remember to also download the plug-ins if you download the program

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am having a message 1700 the ink absorber is almost full on my canon pro --1.
Hi @movinganim and welcome, the ink absorber is telling you to do something quickly and not wait until the waste ink cartridge gets to full.

The first thing to establish, can you enter Service Mode, if your unable to do this then nothing else is worth doing, and you must then return the printer to a Canon service agent for them to carry out the work for you.:(

The method required is listed in #post 2 of this thread as well as instruction on what to do once your successful, don’t attempt to use any Service Tool till you are confident and have the correct instructions...

movinganim

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 1
@The Hat thank you very much for your reply.
I forgot to mention in the first post that I already checked and I can access Service Mode on my printer...

C-Mac

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
I received the instructions from @The Hat and when I had a spare couple of days I set to installing the Printer Potty. It took a long time, as I was very wary of damaging such a valuable item of equipment and I needed some assistance from @The Hat as the pictures on the pdf he sent me were not always so clear, but the printer is now back up and running, with the excess ink running as planned into the Printer Potty.

I should point out that when disassembled it looked HORRENDOUS! I was really worried I would never manage to put it back together again! @The Hat reassured me that putting it back together was much easier than taking it apart, and that was indeed true. All in all the procedure was not that difficult and well worth doing in order to save a good few hundred pounds/dollars on a trip to the service centre which would cost almost as much as a new printer!
@The Hat
Hello All,
I'm new to the forum and would like a hand please.
I am trying to perform this procedure also to modify a Canon Pro-1 printer (which is no longer supported by Canon and no possibility of getting a new ink absorber cartridge or repair).
I've started to disassemble the printer but am now stuck as to what to do. The ink absorber pad is at the bottom.
It seems The Hat has already figured this out. Can you share the instructions please?
Many thanks in advance for your help.

(Attaching photos of the current status of the job.)

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 50
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 48