I went and checked again, and you are right, I got the error messages mixed up, sorry about that Freeradical.
Now I am not alone, because the contact you had from Canon also got it wrong, it’s not the print head at all, the error message relates to a cartridge problem of sorts, and it could be one of several things that’s causing this error to show up.
The usual culprit is the white pin that sticks out from the cart and if that’s not sticking out straight enough it will give an error, so pull out each cart and check them, it’s easy to realign them with your finger or screwdriver.
As far as any Service Tool is concerned, I can provide them, so which ever one you want just to ask.
I’m glad you found a good source of compatibles carts from China, I have used them before and never had a problem with any of them or the colours, some say you shouldn’t use them, but that’s cods wallop, Jtoolman may know about photo printing but doesn’t know his ass from his elbow about these compatibles carts...
I have a question for our USA community being as litigious as you are.. Can you think of any other product that stops you using the market place to satisfy your needs? Canon and Epson do but only in the USA. Has anyone thought of a class action against them? Free Market? HA! I am curious to see where I get initially with Canon and will let you know. Many thanks
Taking a Class action against Canon won’t get you anywhere, because in the terms and conditions that comes with your printer it clearly states Canons rights, so you may own the printer, but Canon own the software that drives it..