Canon Pro 1, B200 Error, Bricked

RadReid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
I recently acquired a Canon Pro 1 (free) and have tried to clear a B200 error (10 amber flashes), with the unplug, press power button (30 seconds), continue to hold, plug in, press paper feed and additional 30 seconds, let go., which results in the amber light remaining lit with no white power button. I've done it several times with no progress.

I've tried to physically move the print head and it won't budge (when the printer is off, I don't know if it would move even if plugged in). I'm usually pretty good a fixing things and hate to send this to the shredder and also don't want to spend a boatload on OEM ink and/or print head only to find that there could be a myriad of other issues.

I found an OEM printhead for $115 which offers"
If the problem is with the printhead I sold you, I will give you a FULL refund (or send you a replacement).
If the problems ends up being your printer, I will do a partial refund, usually around 80%." The site has a phone number, but when I call, it " can't be completed as dialed." I can pay by credit and know Chase will have my back when it doesn't show or gets refunded.

I didn't try to install the print driver because my experience with a Canon Pro 10 I revived gave and error message when I tried to get a status test when it has a B200 error/

Looking for help and guidance and other forum suggestions that could help.

Thanks,

Reid

RadReid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
Was kind of thought someone would say. I may pull it out of the box one more time to jump start it. I have good luck bring a Pr0 10 back from a B200. This one, is flatlining.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have good luck bring a Pr0 10 back from a B200.
The Pro 1 is not a Pro 10, and won’t tolerate any interference, it needs a new print head and they are no longer available.. Refurnish print heads from all other sources are Caveat Emptor..

RadReid

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
The Pro 1 is not a Pro 10, and won’t tolerate any interference, it needs a new print head and they are no longer available.. Refurnish print heads from all other sources are Caveat Emptor..
I found an OEM printhead for $115 which offers "If the problem is with the printhead I sold you, I will give you a FULL refund (or send you a replacement). If the problems ends up being your printer, I will do a partial refund, usually around 80%."

The site has a phone number, but when I call, it " can't be completed as dialed." I can pay by credit and know Chase will have my back when it doesn't show or gets refunded.

I hear Clint Eastwood whispering in my ear, "Do You Feel Lucky, Punk?"