Canon printers. How many of us are still refilling?

Reeja

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS6140
I ordered two from Aliexpress, and the same happened to me. Both were QY6-0089, but one worked while the other didn't.
I don’t think that Canon would make use of such devious methods. Suppose you need a printhead for a Pro-300 or a Pro-10 and the reference is the same. You order from a reseller a QY6-0085.
Do you think that they will know which serial numbers work for one printer but not for the other ?. Will Canon send them the information for knowing it ?.
That doesn’t makes any sense and it would be a total mess. Customers will complain loudly to the dealer if they received the wrong printhead and the dealer to Canon.

A different matter if the printheads for the Pro-200/300 have a different model number from those for the Pro-10/100, as it happened with the Pro-9000mkI and Pro-9000mkII, but remember that, in that particular case, the new printhead worked on the older printer.

For the time being, I haven’t seen on sale printheads for the Pro-200/300, at least on reliable places like Tasktron, E-parts or C1-supplies. Therefore, we still don’t know for sure the if the printheads share the same model number with the old printers.
Long story short : to be on the safe side, fetch printheads for the Pro-10/100 while you can.

BTW : how much for your QY6-00085 printheads ?. :p

Update : I just browsed Tasktron website and the QY6-0085 is compatible for the Pro-10/10s and PRO-300.
Likwise for the QY6-0084 being used in the Pro100 and Pro-200. So, no printhead worries for Pro10/100 users in the near future.

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 & Panny KX-MB271
ip 4300
After probably almost 20 years a may be 3 printers, I'm still refilling.

I'd rather fight than switch! Hell with those chip swaps and all the other tricks Canon has come up with. ! :mad:
:p