Canon Printers Current Ebay prices

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Has the world gone mad. UK Ebay prices for pre owned Canon printers are advertised at up to 3 times original price when new. Does anyone pay these prices? Still lots of opportunities for refilling current Canon printers. Just have to forgo auto ink levels. As the world gone mad or these Ebay sellers just chancers. Is anyone paying up to £230 for a used IP7250. Still happily using Canon printers and ink refilling with non OEM ink. Sod the Canon ink counter. Generally a dry ink cartridge doesn't damage the the printhead, in my experience but if it does just purchase another Canon printer and start again. Obviously this doesn't apply to the Pro Canon printers but for most of us amateurs, Canon is still the way to go for printers.

The days of the Ip4000 and ip4500 may be over but alternative options are still available to OEM carts. Don't bother with resetters. Just use non oem carts or better still purchase refillable arc carts.
Still running MG6250, IP4850, Ip7250 and TS 705 all using refillable carts.

Refilling isn't dead. It just needs to revolve.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sod the Canon ink counter. Generally a dry ink cartridge doesn't damage the the printhead,
We here have always promoted safe and reliable refilling methods, because Canon print heads will get damaged if a cart cannot maintain good ink flow..
OEM carts refilled properly and carefully are essential to the life span of a Canon print head, but as we’ve seen even the wrong 3rd party ink will in time also damage the nozzles, causing print misalignment
but alternative options are still available to OEM carts. Don't bother with resetters. Just use non oem carts or better still purchase refillable arc carts.
Using prefilled compatible carts are another way to print cheaply, but you don’t know what you’re getting in the carts and colour reproduction can look very odd, plus fading is a real issue, because the ink is no more than coloured water..
Running a Canon printer without ink monitoring does work, but it means checking the remaining ink levels in each cart, on a regular basics and that in itself puts more ink into the waste ink pads..
There are no more easy answers for Refillers using the newer Canon printers, it has become a trade-off between using cheaper inks and purchasing spare print heads, it’s a matter of finding your own balance as to which method you choose..

If you want to save money, then don’t buy an inkjet printer.. Mono lasers are still the cheapest and most reliable way to print..

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Respect the Hat but in reality Canon basic printers are cheap as chips Refillable carts don't come refilled you refill them yourself using top refill. Still using an ip4850, ip7250, mg 6250 and Mg5650 and a couple of TS 700 printers. compatible refill carts are the way to go. Fill them youirself with quality ink. Ink refilling is still alive.
Keep away from prefilled carts. Fill them yourself

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Respect the Hat but in reality Canon basic printers are cheap as chips Refillable carts don't come refilled you refill them yourself using top refill. Still using an ip4850, ip7250, mg 6250 and Mg5650 and a couple of TS 700 printers. compatible refill carts are the way to go. Fill them youirself with quality ink. Ink refilling is still alive.

I still have my Canon IP 4250 for which I use refillable cartridges and Inktec CLI-8 compatible refill ink and still going strong. I do not use it for photo's anymore (Inktec dye ink fade very fast when exposed to the sun), but I use it for printing CD/DVD's and with a special adapter to print printable credit cards. But my new Epson XP-15000 can do it too now (for which I use fade resistant Fujifilm Drylabs ink and original Epson Claria HD inks in bottles).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
compatible refill carts are the way to go. Fill them youirself with quality ink. Ink refilling is still alive.
If that works for you and your happy, then go for it, no more to be said…

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
Its been quite a while since Ive posted anything here.
Can someone lead me to where I can start a new thread under
Canon printers??

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO100,200|1430,P600,P800|HP
We here have always promoted safe and reliable refilling methods, because Canon print heads will get damaged if a cart cannot maintain good ink flow..
OEM carts refilled properly and carefully are essential to the life span of a Canon print head, but as we’ve seen even the wrong 3rd party ink will in time also damage the nozzles, causing print misalignment

Using prefilled compatible carts are another way to print cheaply, but you don’t know what you’re getting in the carts and colour reproduction can look very odd, plus fading is a real issue, because the ink is no more than coloured water..
Running a Canon printer without ink monitoring does work, but it means checking the remaining ink levels in each cart, on a regular basics and that in itself puts more ink into the waste ink pads..
There are no more easy answers for Refillers using the newer Canon printers, it has become a trade-off between using cheaper inks and purchasing spare print heads, it’s a matter of finding your own balance as to which method you choose..

If you want to save money, then don’t buy an inkjet printer.. Mono lasers are still the cheapest and most reliable way to print..
OP, This 100%. If you go through my still somewhat small post history, you’ll see a comparison of unbranded carts vs. genuine carts in a Pro-100. The new unbranded carts couldn’t keep up with the Printhead on a 13x19 print. Where an open and years old used but genuine cartridge still operated flawlessly.

If I had to choose best overall for quality and price, I would find a supplier of modified genuine cartridges that you can refill. The obvious best quality is genuine Canon carts and ink. It will cost you though.

jru

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I still have my Canon IP 4250 for which I use refillable cartridges and Inktec CLI-8 compatible refill ink and still going strong. I do not use it for photo's anymore (Inktec dye ink fade very fast when exposed to the sun), but I use it for printing CD/DVD's and with a special adapter to print printable credit cards. But my new Epson XP-15000 can do it too now (for which I use fade resistant Fujifilm Drylabs ink and original Epson Claria HD inks in bottles).
Hi pharmacist, I remember you from years ago on niffty-printer forum. I wondered if you still are able to use chip resetters.
I still have a canon ip4300 which I have been resetting successfully for years.
My chip resetter finally stopped working. I'm assuming the batteries ran out. New battery was only 0.7 volts so not working when replaced.
I could try buying new batteries again, but am hesitant that won't get same result.
I also have a backup brand new ip4500 never used.
But now I am without a resetter.
Have you been able to successfully replace batteries in your chip resetter?
Do you know of anyone still selling chip resetters for these printers that work?
Any other ideas I might try?
Thanks for your help.
Jill

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Do you know of anyone still selling chip resetters for these printers that work?
Any other ideas I might try?
I still have a resetter (Never used) that you are welcome to..
Just PM me your postal address and I will send it to you..
I can’t guarantee the button battery life, but they are easy replaceable and cheap..