Canon printer guru

flatom

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Last week, my trusty Canon MP730 multi-function printer stopped printing black ink. Ive been refilling cartridges for years and have occasionally run into problems but its rare that I cant fix it. This time I was stuck.

A couple years ago, I was similarly stuck and found myself browsing these forums for a solution when I happened across Trigger1837, screen name Trigger, giving advice to people with problems so I e-mailed him asking for help. It became immediately apparent that Trigger1837 has in depth knowledge and experience with Canon printers. He was helpful, replying to each of my e-mailed questions graciously, never expressing impatience. When it came down to the need to disassemble the beast, Trigger1837 offered to sell me his service manual, at a very reasonable price, supplementing the Canon service manual which was included in the attachments he sent. Trigger1837s descriptions and photos were invaluable supplements since the Canon manual assumes a certain level of knowledge about their printers. Though I consider myself pretty handy, I couldnt have done it without his manual and guidance.

Last week, when I was stuck again, I reached out to Trigger1837 and, once again, he graciously gave advice, offering solutions and held my hand through the repair. Before Trigger1837 replied to my cry for help, I was at the end of my rope and was considering abandoning the MP730 in favor of a newer model. Without Trigger1837s patient guidance I probably would have. I love this old machine and am grateful to him.

An example of what I learned from Trigger1837: Over the years, when black stopped printing, I assumed the printhead was dead and bought another for $50 to $60. Trigger1837 taught me that if the printer doesnt show a Wrong cartridge error on the LED, then the printhead isnt dead just needs cleaning and he told me how to go about it.

So, any of you frustrated and about to give up on your Canon printers, I highly recommend asking Trigger1837 for advice. Hes a good dude.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I don't know about Trigger1837 but we have Trigger 37 here but he hasn't posted anything in a couple months. Now I guess we know why, he's been busy helping you. It really is helpful to post things on the forum rather than by private email because it helps far more people. Can you summarize what you learned?