Canon Printer Dialog Box inactive options

Etoile

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900
In the Canon print dialog box neither the Color Matching and the Color Options scroll down windows are inactive. I've reinstalled the driver and tried just about everything that I can think of. Probably not getting full use of the printer when unable to use these options.

Can you help to activate these windows? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 10.33.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 10.33.55 PM.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 10.33.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 10.33.34 PM.png
    488 KB · Views: 165
  • Screen Shot Red Circle.png
    Screen Shot Red Circle.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot Red Circle color options.png
    Screen Shot Red Circle color options.png
    525 KB · Views: 160

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
What OS do you use? And which driver do you use, from the install CD? Or downloaded from Canon's website?, Version?

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
It seems you are on a Mac. Probably you use the color management of your application. Then everything is done by the system. If you choose ”Printer manages Colors” then you should have all possibilities. But if you are using a profile for printing, you shouldn’t change anything in the printer driver.
Which software for printing are you using?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Can you help to activate these windows? Thank you.
Try changing the colour Matching box and the blanked out piece should become active, like in this windows.

P.S. learning to use Colour management with a Mac is just about the hardest thing in the world, firstly you need to master the Mac printing system, it’s so complex to anything that windows uses..
colour 6.JPGcolour 1.JPG Click to enlarge..

Etoile

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900
It seems you are on a Mac. Probably you use the color management of your application. Then everything is done by the system. If you choose ”Printer manages Colors” then you should have all possibilities. But if you are using a profile for printing, you shouldn’t change anything in the printer driver.
Which software for printing are you using?
Thank you so much for your reply. This issue has come up now, as my trusty Canon i9900 is not printing row II colors on the test print. The Pro 9000 is good for certain colors, not good at all for others. I was advised that I can get the sought after results by working with the printer preferences on the Pro 9000. Since I don't know what that is, I thought this might be a way to adjust the colors slightly. I have tried choosing "Printer Manages Colors" and that doesn't change availability. I have been switching up the profiles in an attempt to match the results produced by the i9900. Using Photoshop CS6, on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, keeping it that way to maintain availability of Photoshop. The driver, downloaded yesterday, is Pro9000 Mark II Series CUPS Printer Driver Ver 16.20,0.0 10/19/17. Do you have suggestions on how to get closer to the colors achieved on the i9900? Or other suggestions? With my utmost appreciation

Etoile

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900
Try changing the colour Matching box and the blanked out piece should become active, like in this windows.

P.S. learning to use Colour management with a Mac is just about the hardest thing in the world, firstly you need to master the Mac printing system, it’s so complex to anything that windows uses..
View attachment 12253View attachment 12252 Click to enlarge..
Thank you for your reply! Scrolling up or down on the Color Matching box brings up the other options within that window, it doesn't change availability of Colorsync or Canon Color Matching.

Would you please clarify your suggestion to use Printer Preferences to get the colors to match those of the i9900? With my appreciation for all of your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 8.46.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 8.46.00 AM.png
    117 KB · Views: 140

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Would you please clarify your suggestion to use Printer Preferences to get the colors to match
I went back and cranked up my old laptop and took a photo of the settings. As you can see when you choose Colour Options the colour intensity box opens and in there you can change all your colour setting.

By rearranging these setting you can alter and manipulate any colour print to give it the desired affects you want..
Capture.JPG click to enlarge

Etoile

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900
I went back and cranked up my old laptop and took a photo of the settings. As you can see when you choose Colour Options the colour intensity box opens and in there you can change all your colour setting.

By rearranging these setting you can alter and manipulate any colour print to give it the desired affects you want..
View attachment 12258 click to enlarge
That’s what I thought you were referring to. Alas, as you‘ve seen from my other posts the scroll down for color options along with the color sliders are not active. I don’t know how to turn them on! Tried profile settings, Printer Manages Color, pretty much every permutation, except the correct one! Suggestions ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Try going direct to the printer and not through any application, it may be easier to access that way.. another alternative would be to load Windows onto your Mac and print from the Windows platform..