Canon pixma Pro9000 Mark II ciss system? Which one is best?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Abstract wrote :- Also the canon does not use pigment black ink anyways right?
I was merely making the point for others that cityinkexpress doesnt sell pigment ink on their site, not that your Canon used pigment ink ok.
On the refilling, you would have to have at least two sets of Canon cartridges one in the printer and one set spare + a resetter to make it work ideally.
You could make a hole in the top (original method) yourself or make a hole in the side (German method) the choice is yours. If you choose to refill the OEM cartridges you will quickly realise that it is the best way to go for affordable and enjoyable printing. Good luck.... :)

Red John

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
For the Canon, instead of getting a CISS, invest in an extra set of cartridges that you keep on the side. ( Ideally storage clips and a small sealed plastic container) That way, as soon as the printer runs out of one color. Change ALL of them. This minimizes the amount of waste ink and extends the life of the waste ink pad. If you don't want to invest in a whole set then the 6 other colors not including Red and Green, is good. At a minimum, the most important spare colors to have on the side is Light Magenta and Light Cyan. For some, they may want to have two of each before the other colors run out. With this, you likely won't miss a CISS much.
Is this you comment applies to all Canon printers with OEM cartridges or refillable carts? Why, if you change all the cartridges there is less waste ink?

Edit: I just saw the explanation.

Thanks ;)

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
To the original poster:

While you can use aftermarket refillable ink cartridges, the general consensus is that the OEM Canon ink cartridges provide the most reliable ink flow due to the unique (and high quality) construction of the dual density foam they contain.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
mikling said:
... as soon as the printer runs out of one color. Change ALL of them. This minimizes the amount of waste ink and extends the life of the waste ink pad.
If the Pro9000 is like the i9900 (and I really think it is), you have to be a little smarter when it comes to replacing cartridges just because one has run out of ink. On the i9900, there are two purge pads and the print head is divided into two sections so that it can purge the inks on each pad separately. If none of the cartridges corresponding to one pad are low at the time that one of the cartridges for the other pad is low or empty and you replace all of the cartridges, the ones on the first pad will not get purged which could result in no ink flow and risk damaging some nozzles. Now I fully realize that the Pro9000 uses chipped cartridges and doesn't rely on the optical sensor to determine when a cartridge is low and so it may work differently than the i9900 but before you decide to swap all the cartridges you should verify that it will do a purge on all of them at the same time when just one of them is low or empty.

Abstract

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
RMM said:
To the original poster:

While you can use aftermarket refillable ink cartridges, the general consensus is that the OEM Canon ink cartridges provide the most reliable ink flow due to the unique (and high quality) construction of the dual density foam they contain.
Ahh thanks I see, ink flow I assume leads to better images. Sounds about right. Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it!

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Abstract said:
RMM said:
To the original poster:

Ahh thanks I see, ink flow I assume leads to better images. Sounds about right. Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it!
Better images and most important longer printhead life.