Canon pixma pro10 problem

MikeKnopfler

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
PIXMA PRO-10
Hi. I am using Canon pixma pro-10 to print stickers on glossy lable. However, ink could not get dry, caused sticky surface and smear, even after days. This problem get worse in printing background with solid colours. Is there anything I can do in the setting of printer? Or i should not use glossy paper with this printer? Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You are most likely using an unsuitable label/sticker material which is not treated/coated for use with inkjet printers - what type is it - do you have a link to a product spec ?

You may check these internet pages for suitable material here - availability depends on your country of residence
https://papilio.com//

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Is there anything I can do in the setting of printer? Or i should not use glossy paper with this printer?
I use glossy and matte (paper) self-adhesive and also Vinyl stickers with my pigments inks, yes the ink floats on the surface but only for a minute or so and does not rub off half an hour later.

You need to acquire some labels from various suppliers for test print purposes to get the correct adhesion to both sides, ink to the paper and label to the surface. Media setting are crucial and not necessary the recommend ones..

I ended up using labels from Papilio in Texas that were expensive to buy, import and P&P but you get what you pay for, and these are good quality labels that still look great years after use, I certainly recommend them. Hope this helps…
P.S. It's not the printer, but the setting..
Here’s one of their suggestions..

Untitled-1111.jpg