Canon pixma pro 9000 error code B200: locked up, access printhead?

Where in Australia has most dinosaur foot PRINTS

• Broome Western Australia, Cape Otway Victoria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Any ideas what it could be?
According to what information I have, it says Carriage lift mechanism error ( 5110)

Get in there and splash a lot of W5 window Cleaner (Windex) about and clean up as much of the gunk as you can see with paper towels and cotton swabs, wetting the whole area won’t do any hard..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Extracted from Canon Pro-9000 service manual :
11 times blink green/orange means error 5110 (carriage lift mechanism error)
Possible faulty parts which need to be replaced :

- PR lift shaft assemb. - Part QL2-1224
- Sheet feed unit - Part QM3-1672
- Logic board assemb. -Part QM2-3180
- CR lift sensor unit - Part QM2-3184

Basically, the problem seems to be either the logic board or a component of the paper feed mechanism. If the mechanical parts involved seem to be OK then maybe it’s the sensor unit ?.

See the attached thumbnails of the Pro-9000 parts catalog (click on the images to enlarge).

QL2-1224 is part 2 from Figure 10
QM3-1672 is part 6 from Figure 6
QM2-3184 is part 2 from Figure 9

Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Parts Catalog_Page_4.jpgCanon PIXMA Pro9000 Parts Catalog_Page_6.jpg

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

BobThePrinter

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 Mark II
According to what information I have, it says Carriage lift mechanism error ( 5110)

Get in there and splash a lot of W5 window Cleaner (Windex) about and clean up as much of the gunk as you can see with paper towels and cotton swabs, wetting the whole area won’t do any hard..
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already done this.
I've cleaned the whole printer using compressed air as well.
A lot of dust and fairly large pieces of paper came out.

Basically, the problem seems to be either the logic board or a component of the paper feed mechanism. If the mechanical parts involved seem to be OK then maybe it’s the sensor unit ?.

Interesting...
I checked the rear tray and the flap thingy in there was not in its normal position.
I caused this by rotating various things during my investigation.
I rotated the wheels by hand to put it back in its normal position and the printer is now working.

Hopefully it was just a coincidence and the printer just needed a good clean.
I will report back after a few days.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hopefully it was just a coincidence and the printer just needed a good clean.
I would still recommend giving the whole purge area a good spray of window cleaner, it will do a world of good, and do again every six months..

BobThePrinter

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 Mark II
I would still recommend giving the whole purge area a good spray of window cleaner, it will do a world of good, and do again every six months..
As mentioned in my previous post, I've done this already, without removing it from the printer of course.
If the problem comes back, I will probably remove it and do a more thorough clean.
I have no issue taking the whole printer apart if I have to, but I'm not going to do it just for fun.
Not sure about the 6 months interval either. The printer is 11 years old, and this was the first issue it ever had.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
As mentioned in my previous post, I've done this already, without removing it from the printer of course.
There is no need to remove anything just move the print head to the middle of the carriageway and pull the power plug, that way you’ve got complete access to the purge unit, it’s your printer so do as you wish..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
There is no need to remove anything just move the print head to the middle of the carriageway and pull the power plug, that way you’ve got complete access to the purge unit, it’s your printer so do as you wish..
Indeed, with a long syringe (and a flashlight to see what you do) it is very easy.

Klunk

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2
Hi all, after 10 faitful years of service i get B200 as well and tried all of the above solutions. Nothing worked so far. Ten blinks. Any thoughts? I would feel most obliged!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Any thoughts? I would feel most obliged!
O’ dear, there is nothing you can do about it.. Sorry !

It’s time for you to think about getting another printer new or used, because your trusty old 9000 has had its day, there are no print heads available any more the printer, so it’s time for it to retire to the dumpster.. :(

Latest posts