Canon Pixma Pro 100s - refilling cartidges and inks - EU region - HOW TO ???

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Sounds like a Feckin nightmare to me..
OctoInkjet are going to lose a fair bit of custom over this.. :(
Martin sells in € without VAT, so you only should pay custom fees (about €25 in Belgium).

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
For orders above 18 UKP of small amounts (say 20-50 euro) those Customs fees add a significant percentage to the final cost. For orders of 100-150 euro, the increase is more bearable but take into account that when the value exceeds 150 euro, extra duties enter into the game. That might be another 5 to to 10% to pay.
In short, for EU customers, from now on ordering from the UK is like purchasing from the USA, Japan or any other non EU country.

PaJel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA PRO 100S
Gentlemen,
today I received mail by DHL, I am happy, because yesterday I did order and today at 17 o´clock consignment safely landed on Václav Havel Airport in PRAGUE, our cappital town,
The bad news is customs procedures. I had three mails to fulfil some overview for customs and I was shocked. on order there are two positions, one for ink, the other of cartidges, it is OK. Later there is an overview with 21 columns, describing part by part what this positions contains....for every of 21 positions I will pay to DHL for neccesary documents. The idea I import two positions is away. According list of prices I will pay to DHL for this one document 21 x 50 Kč = 1.050,- Kč (nearly €40 ). plus VAT and I do not know what else. All this payment will be around €100 !
I think never in my life I will order anythink from UK. Horrible experience ! I will try to return all the delivery not to pay next €100 . What I do not understand is why my prices from outside UK are incl. VAT and get it in my hands in Czech I must pay VAT here again.

Edit:

Flageborg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
In short - total cost increase 100% - got my redsetter couple days ago with DHL..... :thumbsup

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Gentlemen,
today I received mail by DHL, I am happy, because yesterday I did order and today at 17 o´clock consignment safely landed on Václav Havel Airport in PRAGUE, our cappital town,
The bad news is customs procedures. I had three mails to fulfil some overview for customs and I was shocked. on order there are two positions, one for ink, the other of cartidges, it is OK. Later there is an overview with 21 columns, describing part by part what this positions contains....for every of 21 positions I will pay to DHL for neccesary documents. The idea I import two positions is away. According list of prices I will pay to DHL for this one document 21 x 50 Kč = 1.050,- Kč (nearly €40 ). plus VAT and I do not know what else. All this payment will be around €100 !
I think never in my life I will order anythink from UK. Horrible experience ! I will try to return all the delivery not to pay next €100 . What I do not understand is why my prices from outside UK are incl. VAT and get it in my hands in Czech I must pay VAT here again.

Edit:
If you've been charged VAT twice this is the mistake of the vendor. After Brexit, British vendors shouldn't add the VAT on invoices going to the EU. if they do, this is totally wrong.
I don't know if there's much you can do about it now, but you can complain to the vendor. I think you're legally entitled to a reimbursement of this VAT.
If possible, avoid DHL or Fedex. Regular Post is better. At least you know beforehand the exact cost of those customs fees.

Flageborg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
If possible, avoid DHL or Fedex. Regular Post is better. At least you know beforehand the exact cost of those customs fees.

Regular Post is only available within each country. DHL was the least expencive choice, but within 2 days upon my order I did receive the redsetter at my doorstep... :thumbsup

Attachments

• dhl_redsetter.JPG
    dhl_redsetter.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 197
  • dhl_redsetter_II.JPG
    dhl_redsetter_II.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 192

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
According list of prices I will pay to DHL
In Germany it was the same for ordering from US. But it is much cheaper if i collected the items by myself at the customs. Otherwise you also pay or the service DHL provides you. So check, whether you can fetch theatricals by yourself.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Gentlemen,

Edit:
Indeed, Boris overlooked some details in the Brexit deal...

I was shocked by the myUS costs too when ordering from Precision Colors (and decided for other sources).
The US do not apply VAT (but variable state taxes) and together with the favorable EUR/USD this can make importing from the States a bit less outrageous.

Latest posts