Canon Pixma Pro 10-S problem

The digital hunter

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10S
Hi, I have a problem with my 4 year old Canon Pixma Pro 10-S printer and hope someone can help me.

Sorry for my bad English but I use a translation app and think it doesn't translate everything correctly. my apologies for that.

This week I refilled the ink cartridges like I've done before without any problems, but now the resume button on the front of the printer starts flickering when I give a print job.

The printer now keeps saying that the cartridge whose light is off needs to be replaced (error 1410) but when I bring the print head with all the print cartridges to the center of the printer to see the print cartridges, it appears that the lights of all parts are out.

And when I let the print head come back to the center, all the lights of the ink cartridges are off again

When I remove the cartridges and put them back in, all the cartridge lights light up normally. When I give the printer a print job again, the light of the resume button starts to flicker again.

Because I didn't know what to do anymore, I cleaned the print head, but that didn't solve the problem either. Can someone help me with this problem or has anyone had this problem before. Could it possibly be the print head?

Thank you very much for your help/answer.

Sincerely, Ronald

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thank you very much for your help/answer.
OK Ronald.. You’ll need to give a bit more information on your problem.

Please check what the printer is doing after switch on, how many times is the LED light blinking, is it just one LED or both LED’s flashing, and check the error code once again. I have no recollection of Error 1410, but the 1405 error is print head related !
Its important to count how many times the LED light flashes..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Screenshots from the Pro-10S User Manual

1632136457281.png

1632136528959.png

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/PRO-10S series/EN/UG/ug_trouble0300.html

The digital hunter

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10S
Hi friends, I found the problem. I can't believe I hadn't reset the cartridges properly. I'd only had the reseter light flicker very briefly twice. and therefore the cartridges were not reset correctly. It should flicker once briefly and then once for a long time. Then it went well. so luckily no broken print head or ore
like that.

I'm sharing this here so someone else doesn't make the stupid mistake too. Thanks again for your help and thoughts. greetings, Ronald

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank you for the follow up. Many have done the same. Congratulations resolving the issue. Happy printing! :thumbsup

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Hi friends, I found the problem. I can't believe I hadn't reset the cartridges properly. I'd only had the reseter light flicker very briefly twice. and therefore the cartridges were not reset correctly. It should flicker once briefly and then once for a long time. Then it went well. so luckily no broken print head or ore
like that.

I'm sharing this here so someone else doesn't make the stupid mistake too. Thanks again for your help and thoughts. greetings, Ronald
Ik ben blij dat het opgelost is Ronald.

Glad it has been solved.
Many happy prints with the PRO-10 !

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Just to clarify further, in case any Pro-10 user has doubts. Reseting correcly a PGI-72 cart with a redsetter requires, as the OP said, first a brief flicker of the red LED. Then, a fraction of second later, the LED lights again, this time for two or three seconds and finally it switches off again, signaling the successful end of the procedure.
The user must keep the cartridge pressed against the redsetter contacts until the LED switches off for second time. Releasing it while the LED is still on will not reset correctly the chip.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just to clarify further, in case any Pro-10 user has doubts.
That’s something I’ll have to get use too, I’m in the market for a redsetter for the PGl-72 chips, and it seems it operates differently to everything that went before, the old way was hold till you got a constant red light for a second or two and that was that, thanks for the update @Artur5..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
That’s something I’ll have to get use too, I’m in the market for a redsetter for the PGl-72 chips, and it seems it operates differently to everything that went before, the old way was hold till you got a constant red light for a second or two and that was that, thanks for the update @Artur5..
IMO that's what @Artur5 explained, I see no difference with previous resetters.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@The Hat

If it's a Redsetter circa 2016...

However, it seems not all PGI-72 restters perform as previously said.

No initial brief flash of light. His words don't seem to match the video. Older model circa 2014, a different design, or confusing choice of words?

Wisest approach: Read the instructions that come with the chip resetter.

Last edited: