Canon PIXMA Pro-10 clogged nozzles/printhead?

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
Hey there, I have a Pro-10 that I recently bought off Craigslist (I'm in CA) for cheap because of constant paper jams. I'm not sure how long the previous owner had it, or when it was last used. I tried printing a page and the paper would skew to one side of the printer. After a Google search, I came across this answer. I tried the "flossing" method, and two substantial pieces of frosted glass popped out. I tried printing another page, and it worked! Only this time the image had heavy banding. I checked the ink supply levels and saw that the Yellow and Cyan inks were low, so I ordered OEM cartridges. When switching them out, I realized that all the inks installed were third party inks! I'm unsure of what brand, but they look like they could be TG Imaging off of Amazon (I've attached a photo of the extra cartridges I got with the printer below). I bought a 10 pack of OEM ink and switched out the cartridges. I did two nozzle cleanings and one deep clean for all colors, and here are the results:
View attachment 14788

I know I should be printing (or performing a nozzle clean) every 60 hours, but what else should I be doing moving forward? Soak the printhead with distilled water or printhead cleaner? *really hoping I don't need to get a replacement printhead* Thanks for reading.

View attachment 14789
compatible cartridges do not provide a good enough flow of ink through the nozzles..as for flawless nozzles, the firmware ensures that it is flawless..the ink flow is not good enough with you. you will intentionally burn the print head yourself!

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
compatible cartridges do not provide a good enough flow of ink through the nozzles..as for flawless nozzles, the firmware ensures that it is flawless..the ink flow is not good enough with you. you will intentionally burn the print head yourself!
@chores :

Your nozzle check is not bad at all.
Let the printer switched on overnight and do a few nozzle checks the next morning.
Most probably the PBK will clean itself without further cleaning cycles after a few days.
Eventually do one or maximum two normal cleanings, avoid deep cleaning.

And even if you must buy a new printhead, it was a good deal, the printer is barely used and will serve you many years.

Last edited: