Canon Pixma Pro 1 top cover removal????

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Good job getting your printer to work again. Congratulations! :clap

Unfortunately I am not sure your nozzle check is fine. There appears to be linear defects in both the GY and DGY, wih the GY defect being the more concerning. A close up image of Pattern 1 would be helpful. Compare your nozzle check to this one from the manual.

The Hat is on a mini vacation today and is why he hasn't responded to your earlier post yet. Like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Terminator, The Hat will be back.

isabel albiol

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
CANON PIXMA PRO-1
Good job getting your printer to work again. Congratulations! :clap

Unfortunately I am not sure your nozzle check is fine. There appears to be linear defects in both the GY and DGY, wih the GY defect being the more concerning. A close up image of Pattern 1 would be helpful. Compare your nozzle check to this one from the manual.

The Hat is on a mini vacation today and is why he hasn't responded to your earlier post yet. Like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Terminator, The Hat will be back.
IMG_5684.JPG

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank you for the close up image. Our fearless leader The Hat will be able to guide you from here. In the meantime, to avoid potentially burning out nozzles, do not print anything other than nozzle checks till The Hat advises otherwise.

Best of luck!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I worked it out by myself . . . i unlock the printhead carriage and put the printer back together and the B200 message cleared.
I have done a nozzle check and it seems fine . . . fingers crossed!
Now that’s what I call true grit, and congratulations are called for..:)

Unfortunately, as @stratman has pointed out, there are some segments missing in block 1, GY and a little in DGY, they can make a recovery for you, depending on how much you have used the printer since these issues appeared.

Run an Ink Quality Maintenance and then a normal head clean and follow that with a nozzle check, with any luck some if not all the missing nozzles will reappear.

Leave the printer off for 24 hours and then try another nozzle check, if you don’t get a 100% improvement then its time to think about replacing the head..

P.S. You must have missed this Pic... ?
Capture.PNG

carl_staaf

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 10s
Hi, I know this is an old thread and originally for a pro 1 but I have a Canon Pixma Pro 10s and I think a little plastic piece has fallen into the printer and is blocking the feeding on one side ( I saw the piece fall in...) A4 works well but A3 only feeds straight for the first few centimeters and then starts to feed sideways until the paper gets stuck... I would like some help with how to open the printer so that I can try to find and take out the little plastic piece which I think is blocking the paper. Any one here who can help?
All the best!
Carl

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Before disassembling the machine, I’d try other methods less intrusive.
Have you performed a bottom plate cleaning from the driver’s maintenance tabs ?
That involves inserting a sheet of A4 paper folded in half longitudinally and inserted horizontally, so that it clears the width of A3 paper. Anything thicker and more stiff than plain 80gr paper would work better, but not as thick as photopaper, of course.

Another possibility is to insert manually, with the printer off, from the output tray a sheet of PVC not very thick (such as those used for binding covers) or rc photo paper. Don’t use anything textured, very stiff or easy to tear.
You push it, slowly and carefully. from the output tray with one hand, lifting with the other the pressure plate holding the paper against the bottom plate.

Success or not success removing the plastic ‘intruder’ depends on how it’s stuck in there. In the end, possibly you’ll have to disassemble the printer, but IMHO it’s worth trying the other systems first.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Any one here who can help?
You could also try inserting a piece of paper into the printer press eject button, then moving it a bit more sideward and try ejecting it again until you find the exact position of the obstruction, then use a flashlight to see if you can see it and then using a long screwdriver try to dislodge it.

Failing all of this, turn the printer upside down and lift it off the table a bit, and drop it a few times to see if the foreign objet falls out itself.. a good thump a few times..

P.S. don’t leave the printer upside down for too long..

carl_staaf

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 10s
Thanks! I will try both methods and I'll let you know if I manage.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
That’s great news, but the foreign piece may not actually be from the printer, the most common thing to fall into a printer is a tum tack, so you’re not alone, try printing something and see how the printer reacts..
P.S. I had a good look at it and I don’t recognise it, so fingers crossed..