Canon Pixma Pro-1 print head will not move to be replaced

Tamalynn M Custer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
I have printed thousands of pictures over the last 5 years on my Canon Pixma Pro-1 printer. April 17, 2019 I got error message B200 so I ordered a replacement print head directly from Canon thinking I could replace it myself. Opened the cover up, and print head wouldn't move. After the printer had been unplugged for a few days, I decided to plug it back in to see if the head could be moved. The yellow light stopped flashing and everything worked. I was able to print pictures for the last 2 months. Then last week, I got error message B200 when trying to print pictures, was told all my ink tanks were empty (they were all full) and the yellow light flashed along with the power light. I am thinking the print head really needs to be replaced this time and am asking for detailed instructions on how to do this task. Does anyone know if technicaldownload.com is legit? I saw they have a service manual for purchase. Thanks for any help.

Arskari

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Just read multiple issues people have had with Canon pro-1 and B200 error code. Can i join the club? The B200 error message came to me yesterday with the blinking orange and white lights x10. Bought the printer used about a month ago. I thought it had very little use when the nozzle test page says 851-900 pages. I also tried multiple hack people have had to get the printer awakened again. Anyway i found a reputable dealer in town which sells the orginal printhead at 190euros. But after reading many comments that say that the printhead change needs somekind of special change routine. Can you guys help me, and sorry that i didnt start a new topic for my problem.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Can i join the club?
Welcome to the forum, Arskari.

Please start a new thread for your issue and then delete your message here.

arora12

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100
Answered on PM..;)
I'm in the exact same situation with the same printer! :/
Have the new printhead but doesn't move! Can you help me?
Would appreciate it tons!!!!!!!

arora12

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100
You have which printer ?, your profile says Pro 100...:idunno
Oh crap, you're right! That's the one I have and not the same one posted in this thread! Am I screwed?? 😭😭😭

arora12

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100
No certainly not, but first how many LED lights are flashing and what error message is appearing on the screen.. :oops:
It's two leds flasing alternatively 10 times each! and that's what it says on my computer
I appreciate all your help!!

Attachments

• Picture.png
    Picture.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 107

Latest posts