CANON PIXMA printer problem: prints stripes HELP

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Yes, inkcessories is the place where everyone goes for the cheapest OEM printheads. The eBay price is even cheaper than their own website:

http://www.inkcessories.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=75

But I sure hope you haven't given up on unclogging that head. Please let us know the results of the suggested tests and maybe we can offer some more ideas if the head still doesn't work.

kato92

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
No worries, i WILL clean the printerhead first, and let you know the outcome. But in case it goes wrong, i'm going to have a lot of trouble with the rest of my family (read: my mom). She also uses the printer a lot. So if it goes wrong, I gotta have a new printhead fast :). That's why I'm looking ahead.

Greetings Kato

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I bought an i960 printhead from inkcessories - good service and quick delivery. The item was as advertised - sealed factory unit. I didn't know about their sales on ebay that are cheaper than their web store. Thanks for the info.

suzywills

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon Pixma IP 3000. I am using Smart Imaging ink, but have used other brands. I have thoroughly cleaned the print head with Windex and distilled water. All the colors come thru, but there are white stripes in the image. It looks like every other line is white. Thanks for any suggestions.

kato92

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
And Suzy, place your problem in a NEW post. Please don't use mine.

kato92

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:D :D GOOD NEWS :D :D

It took some time (sorry for that), but I finally found the time to clean my printhead. I used the method of PANOS.

panos said:
I am using the following method with great success. It does not put the printhead under any stress (such as compressed air) and it requires materials which are easy to find. You need:

* Ammonia based glass cleaner
* A small dish
* Tissue (soft toilet paper will do)

1) Fold a few sheets of tissue, let it sit on a dish, and spray ammonia-based glass cleaner on the paper until its thoroughly wet.
2) Let the printhead sit on the wet tissue.
3) Let a few drops of the glass cleaner on the metallic pickup discs.
4) VERY GENTLY, push the printhead on the tissue and then pull a little faster. Repeat a few times. Ink should appear on the tissue.
5) Throw away the wet tissue and repeat steps 1-4. The second time you should notice ink or cleaning fluid appearing on the pickup discs as you push the printhead.

With a dry sheet of tissue, clean up the printhead contacts and the areas around the pickup discs.

Don't brush the nozzles or the pickup discs. Don't let the printhead dry; insert it in the head carriage, insert your cartridges and run a cleaning cycle.
It worked perfect!!!

I want to thank everybody, especially ghwellsjr and Panos, who helped me with my 'problem', and wish you all Happy Hollidays.

Kato92

cjkfox

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP 5000
I had to buy a printer for $100+ to "part out" a printhead, as I was unable to unclog my IP5000 printhead after using generic ink. I stay with the tried and true new Canon cartridges now.
These replacement printheads were not available at that time.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@cjkfox Generic or universal ink have a tendency to do that on you that’s why it’s imperative to find a good 3rd party ink before you try out refilling for yourself or use compatible filled cartridges if you don’t have the confidence to refill your own OEM cartridges..