Canon PIXMA MX926 Print Head Replacement

husaskin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MX926
Hi everyone, thank you for everyones help in this forum. I appreciate it.

I fixed the issue by purchasing a new print head from canon for $128 AUD. It is working great now as it should.

Although Canon's customer service was SO BAD, hence that is why it took me so long to acquire the part I needed.

Thanks again.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Good news that you have again a printer in perfect condition. :)

Bad news about Canon service, but this isn't a surprise for European customers and in Australia seems to be the same.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I fixed the issue by purchasing a new print head from canon for $128 AUD. It is working great now as it should.
That’s great news, but did you ever think of getting another one, further proofing..;)

Wilko16

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX920 Series
Hi,
Bumping an old thread as I have similar/same issues and have the same printer.

Had B200 error code several weeks ago which I eventually managed to clear with the help of YouTube how to videos.

Last week or so noticed deterioration of print quality - "gaps" in text prints - sections of text faded.

Have performed a number Canon maintenance steps - Deep Cleans, Head Alignments etc without success - all colours but also concentrating on the PGBK head.

Have replaced the PGBK cartridge with new, no difference.

Have also removed the Print Head and cleaned in warm and hot water, soaked for an hour or 2 and used Isopropyl alcohol without success.

I'm waiting on a commercial cleaning kit to be delivered, maybe last resort, but not holding out much hope,

My decision now is do I purchase a new Head for >$125 to try to resolve - or, save this money towards a new printer? (My printer has done 11,400 pages)

I've attached the Print Reports to help with diagnosis.

Really appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Wilko.

Attachments

• Printer Head Alignment .pdf
    994.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Printer Nozzle Check.pdf
    556.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Printer Windows Test Page.pdf
    832.2 KB · Views: 24

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
My decision now is do I purchase a new Head for >$125 to try to resolve - or, save this money towards a new printer? (My printer has done 11,400 pages)
She has served you well, so get yourself a new print head, if they are still available, but don’t buy from EBay..

Wilko16

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX920 Series
Thanks Hat, yeah I've read through all the posts even though a few years old now.
I've looked at a rated supplier, new not refurbished, certainly not ebay.
My fear is that it's more than the head, but something amiss with further upstream 🫤.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
.....My fear is that it's more than the head, but something amiss with further upstream 🫤.

When a Canon printhead fails electronically. there is a risk that it damages the main board. A main board damaged in this way might damage a new printhead. So replacing a Canon printhead is a gamble and I cannot tell the odds for success. But my guess is that the odds for success are good and the damaged main board is a rare occurrence. Stop using the printer when it shows a B200 error to minimize the risk of damaging the main board.

The B200 error is sometimes intermittent before becoming permanent. I think that's the reason that YouTube procedures to reset the error sometimes seem to work.

The printhead is QY6-0086 and it seems to still be available from regular dealers of Canon spare parts.

Last edited:

Wilko16

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX920 Series
Thanks for that Peter.

Re the B200 error message, I have read that the "fix" may only be temporary.
That is one of the factors which may sway me to look at a new printer 🤔.

Wilko.

Latest posts