Canon pixma mx 725 (CLI-551) prints blank pages

tupakhuisa

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Mx725
Hello everybody,
I have a problem with my printer Canon Pixma mx 725 that always print blank pages since a couple of days.
I am refilling my cartidges with ink bottle since a little time now and I use the method where you press the stop button for 5 second when the printer say youre cartridges are empty because I don't have a resetter and it always worked perfectly. But since two or three days, when I print something, the pages are blank. I have tried the following methods to correct this problem:
-Restart the printer
-clean the print head
-Deep cleaning of the print head
-Manually cleaning the print head by remmoving it from the printer
-Allign the print head
-Use all the function in the service tool ( reset ink counter, change region, clear ink absorber counter,...)
-I also put brand new cartidges that are full and recognized full by the printer but even with these new cartridges, the page is still blank

The blank page problem also apear when i'm just copying a page with the scanner

So, I'm asking you for help with this problem
Thanks in advance for your responses

signsny

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Expression XP-15000
There is one more thing that you need to check. Please check the breather tape on the cartridge. if it is not removed yet, remove it as it doesn't let the ink come out on the paper, which results in printing blank papers.

tupakhuisa

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Mx725
I've have cheked, but there are no breather tape remaining and nothing obstruct the small holes.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
So, I'm asking you for help with this problem
You can play around with the printer for ages but it’s not going to work, you have an electrical problem within the print head and the only answer is to get a new replacement head from an Authorised dealer, sorry..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I also think the printhead has failed. You can check if the problems are caused by electronic failure in the printhead or a blocking in the cartridges or printhead by doing a stamp test.