Canon Pixma MP500 Cleaning :(

Nailsbyalexandria

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have replaced all my ink tanks and the blue is not printing on the nozzel check (The light blue the Dark blue is though and the light grey rectangles on the left hand side) so they have said to clean the Printerhead.

How do I can the printerhead? or would it be better to just buy a new one?

I have had this printer for about 4 years.

Thanks for all your help!

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Nailsbyalexandria said:
I have replaced all my ink tanks and the blue is not printing on the nozzel check (The light blue the Dark blue is though and the light grey rectangles on the left hand side) so they have said to clean the Printerhead.

How do I can the printerhead? or would it be better to just buy a new one?

I have had this printer for about 4 years.

Thanks for all your help!
When you did a nozzle check you should see a clean and a deep clean button. Starting with the clean and a nozzle check, then if it is not perfect, then a deep clean and a nozzle check, up to a few times.

Nailsbyalexandria

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have done that like seriously 20 times it still is not working.

what else to do ?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Since your dark cyan (blue) is printing normally and your light cyan is not printing at all, chances are you have an electrical problem that can't be fixed by cleaning and a new print head will probably get you going again.

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
At the least you could try removing all the cartridges and removing the printhead and rinsing it with warm water and soaking it overnight. Make sure you dry it thoroughly especially around the circuit board and contacts before installing.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If you soak the print head, please let it dry for two days by setting it in a warm spot. Don't just think you are getting it dry by wiping it with a paper towel or blowing air on it. You need to make sure that the internal electronics are dry or you run the risk of not only burning out your print head but also your printer.

Nailsbyalexandria

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ok So I just cleaned it!! We will see what happens in two days after it dries! I also purchased a new on, on ebay just incase it doesn't work!

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Just so you are aware, Canon tends to sell printheads cheaper than anyone, including eBay sellers!