Canon Pixma MP480 ink/reset?

siskiou

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
My MP470 died within a month and Canon sent an MP480 as replacement.
I can't find much at all about refills for the cartridges this one uses (PG-210/CL-211) and I'm wondering if these can be refilled with the ink for the PG-40/CL-41.

Also, would it be worth it to install a CISS until the printheads on the cartridges wear out, and then transfer it to a new set of cartridges?

And does anyone know how to disable/reset the ink monitor for this model?

sarah

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm also trying to find out how to refill mp480- pg-210/cl-211 I downloaded a pretty detailed ink refill info from fillserv.com but the page with the right number ink cartridge has the wrong pic, the next page has the right pic but I still don't get it. Is there anyone who does?

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Siusiuenen

Wrong cartridges, the ones Siskiou is referring to, are similar to the CL-41 PG-40 etc. I believe the ink disabling is the same as the CL-41 PG-40 as well, refilling is similar, just different ink volumes.

siusiuenen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ops! Sorry, my bad! Thanks for point it out, Tigerwan.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Why buying these all-in-one cartridge based printers, even Lexmark is shifting to separate cartridges per colours now, because the market is demanding these types of cartridges ? Refilling is a hell and very limited as the sponge is wearing out very quickly.

siskiou

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Sometimes you end up with a certain printer, not by choice, and then just need to work with what you have.

I was given the mp470 brand new for free, and when it didn't last the first month, Canon replaced it with the 480.

I'm sorry to hear these are hard to refill, but will have to give it a try anyhow, since a new printer is not in the budget.