Canon Pixma MP240, Error 5200

manta

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
well, I guess there is not print head in this printer, and the cartdridge are actually the print heads. So does that mean that I did not brake anything, since no print head is present? So, I have syringe, just pour some drops of water in the pads at the very right side of the printer where the cartdrige park and see if the water goes away or not. I'll keep you posted!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
It should not go away until you close the lid for a few seconds (until the activity stops) and then re-open it. That's assuming this printer works like mine. If the liquid doesn't go away by closing and re-opening the lid, then do a cleaning cycle and see if that makes it go away.

manta

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Alright, so the water went away, can I just refill the black cartridge again and see if it works? Or this situation means that the ink in the black cartridge is now dried out?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I have no idea why your black cartridge is not working. All I'm saying is that you can easily get your printer working again by buying a new cartridge. That's one of the advantages of having a printer that uses cartridges with built-in print heads.

LaurelR

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a neighbour who has a Canon MP240 printer. He had put in new ink cartridges. A couple days later the printer indicated that the ink cartridge was empty. Since it was not empty, he continued printing. Then it stopped and he got the Error 5200 message. We tried everything to fix it. Nothing worked. So, he phoned Canon and they suggested that he try changing cartridges. The printer worked! The problem was a faulty colour cartridge!

:)