Canon Pixma MG5750 cleaning cycle

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Since the maintenance cycle is triggered after one page versus 10 pages printed, maybe this means that a print job of sufficient pages or ink usage prevents the 'extra' maintenance cycle. Maybe smaller print jobs may lead to problems and the maintenance cycle is meant to avoid ink flow issues.

Thanks to @Phil_Print for teaching us something heretofore unnoticed! :woot

Yes, you can teach old dogs new tricks. (maybe even our glorious leader Moderator @The Hat ) :thumbsup

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Yes, you can teach old dogs new tricks. (maybe even our glorious leader Moderator @The Hat )
Yes maybe, :) Ted loves new tricks, but all of this is irrelevant if your using 3rd party inks, it’s probably the reason why so many stop using OEM inks..

Phil_Print

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5750
So @Phil_Print I guess your printer's behaviour might be perfectly normal but maybe a bit annoying.
It feels like we're getting somewhere - even if it's not 'solving' the problem - maybe there isn't a problem? It just does it and that's that? It would be good to understand the rationale for why it happens (apart from making you use / buy more ink). If I line up all the things I wish to print at once I can continue until the machine is left dormant for 1 minute - then the cycle happens. I wonder if you did that indefinitely that it would never clean itself? Do you think that Canon could answer the question or would it be pointless even asking?
Thanks for your attention so far 'Hat and Strat' :thumbsup

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Canon could answer the question or would it be pointless even asking?
Not unless you wanted a cock and bull story.. or put another way Bulls**t
Another way to try and combat the annoying cleaning cycles, bundle up your prints single or otherwise and print them altogether one after another in the printer queue, that way you’d have no unnecessary delays between your prints.. that might work..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Do you think that Canon could answer the question or would it be pointless even asking?
The Hat would not call them but I would if the printer is still under warranty. Nothing to lose and maybe something to gain, even if it is not a replacement printer but only a better understanding on the function of Canon printers. You (and PeterBJ!) have added to our knowledge base. :)

Latest posts