Canon Pixma MG5750 cleaning cycle

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Usually very little while printing, and only then a very short purge (Seconds)..
I have experienced with my Canon printers a longer seconds maintenance cycle after finishing the first print job when there is a lull in printing as OP describes, but not successive instances of this type as the OP described.

Maybe a video of what is happening might help the forum understand better?

Revive fountain pen useage!
Sounds like a new item available on PC. :D

Phil_Print

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5750
Be careful because maintenance cycles are also introduced if the printer encounters cycles where one channel/color is not being used and it must rewet these nozzles.
If the printer works and fans these nozzles as the printhead is going back and forth and no ink is being ejected, guess what happens next?

If we wish/desire to save ink, then truly the most economical way to do so is to use a fountain pen and return to writing in style. Get a calligraphy pen and it looks nice and it really becomes personal. Revive fountain pen useage!
I'm not really sure what this post means - particularly the caligraphy bit?

Phil_Print

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5750
That would be a good idea. I cannot figure out if the MG5750 is behaving normally or not.
I just tried to send a video from my phone but it's too big to upload. I need to figure another way...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

Phil_Print

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5750
OK, I've shortened it so you won't have the pleasure of watching my printer doing nothing for 1 minute!
Basically I print that A4 out (in the tray) then just over a minute later this happens (see video). If I print something else the whole thing happens again, and again etc. Is this right?
Aaaagh - won't upload - wrong extension... won't upload as zip either (too large)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Good video. Not sure why this is happening.

If the printer is still under warranty then call Canon Tech Support to see what they say.

Nice fast download from Mediafire. Was it difficult to sign up or upload your file?

Last edited:

Latest posts