Canon pixma MG3250 reset ink counter??

Kevinski66

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma mg3250
Can anyone tell me how to reset my ink counter on my Canon Pixma MG3250 please??

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Sadly it might not be possible. For resetting the ink absorber counter on newer Canon printers you need a service tool that can be found on E-bay, for instance this or a newer version here.

Some of the printers cannot be reset by the service tools. They are considered disposable printers by Canon, meaning you need a new printer when the ink absorber pads become full. The service tools might work with these printers but will only do a quality test print and get some usage info from the EEPROM. Resetting the ink absorber counter is not possible.

It seems the MG3250 is neither listed as compatible or incompatible, so it is anybody's guess if the reset is possible. See this thread and this for more about disposable printers.

Kevinski66

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma mg3250
Sadly it might not be possible. For resetting the ink absorber counter on newer Canon printers you need a service tool that can be found on E-bay, for instance this or a newer version here.

Some of the printers cannot be reset by the service tools. They are considered disposable printers by Canon, meaning you need a new printer when the ink absorber pads become full. The service tools might work with these printers but will only do a quality test print and get some usage info from the EEPROM. Resetting the ink absorber counter is not possible.

It seems the MG3250 is neither listed as compatible or incompatible, so it is anybody's guess if the reset is possible. See this thread and this for more about disposable printers.
Thanks, i appreciate the info