Canon pixma IP5000 - no cyan at all

Needle (+ syringe) order update:

RE: post 48 above from ghwellsjr:
"By the way, if you don't put the cap on the needle when transferring it from an empty syringe to a full one, you'll likely get ink all over the place."
and the previous post:
"I like the needles available (with syringes) at the bottom of this website:
http://inkjet.cfriends.com/accessories.htm
They come with rubber plugs you can fit on the end of the needles. You can put these needles on the ink-filled syringes described above and you don't have to pour or transfer any ink. These needles work great with the German method of refilling...."

I got my needles today and they didn't have rubber plugs on them (just syringes with the needles shipped inside). Their customer service # is closed on weekends. So just to clarify (ghwellsjr), did the needles that you ordered from cfriends.com have plugs on them (or maybe you had to purchase the plugs separately?) or perhaps was it the Inktec inks that have the plugs that fit on the needles?

from ghwellsjr:
"The plugs came with the needles and syringes but I bought mine several years ago so I guess they no longer supply them. I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please post this info."

Has anyone else ordered these needles lately, and received them with the rubber plugs?
Thanks and regards to all...
 
Update:
I called Computer Friends customer service today (1-800-547-3303 - spoke to Will) and he said that they no longer ship the rubber plugs with the needles.
Any suggestions for another source or knowledge of what material to use for a home made version - please post for anybody that might be interested (and me too!)
Thanks and happy holidays.
 
You can buy 2-inch needles and scabbards from Howard Electronics. I recommend the 18 gauge needles. Also click on the link in the upper right corner to get scabbards (rubber covers).
 
Back
Top