Canon Pixma ip4700 : ink has sufficient quality?

drames

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
There is no war about inks on this forum. participants report on the inks that have, over time, proven to be of good quality and harmless to their printers. Occasionally we also get negative reports about brands of inks. This forum is unique in that no "flaming", attacks, or argumentative behaviour is tolerated and spamming is very quickly deleted. Our intent is to share our experiences and help each other.

The website you included appears to sell OEM and aftermarket cartridges. I didn't see refill inks listed although I just glanced quickly at the site. Most of us have had inconsistant or less than satisfactory results with aftermarket prefilled cartridges for a variety of reasons, and that is why we prefer to refill original manufacturer cartridges ourselves. This is not a war on prefilled third party cartridges but a report on personal experience.

If anyone has had positive or negative results from the site you mentioned I'm sure they will share this information with you.

nhendrix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nche11: Thanks for the link. I'll be soon ordering from them too. I like
how they post an example from a printing job this month using iP4700 saying,
"The printing project from calling Hobbicolors to discuss the feasibility of a
rush print job of 2400 pages, buying the two printers, the two refill kits, drilling
of the OEM cartridges, refilling and printing took place within one week. The
actual printing time was about half a day. There was not a glitch throughout the
entire printing task. All the handouts were perfectly produced."
Neat!

nche11

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
This is the kind of quality I like. I am glad to hear that the ip4700 is a printer that could take on such an assignment and the refill ink worked so reliably. I have heard many negative opinions on ip4700 on this forum. But this tells me the other side of the story. I want a printer that will last long enough and refill ink that I can reply on too. If a Nobel Prize winner attended the event the story is not likely a marketing hype. I am waiting for ip4700 to go on sale. Will get it soon.

nhendrix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nche11 said:
I am waiting for ip4700 to go on sale. Will get it soon.
I feel badly that I didn't see your post sooner. Are you still looking to buy
the ip4700? If so, I suggest using pricegrabber.com as a way to find the
best price. Just yesterday I found it at Newegg.com for $49.95 +$3 ship
so I bought another one (for my parents). The price grabber had
sent an even better price of $40 a couple days earlier but I wasn't fast
enough.

Anyway. if you are interested here is an example of a price alert that
you would get from pricegrabber. Simply click "add price alert" and it
will ask for an email location to send the alerts to and ask what price
you want the item to sell less than. EASY!

5622_pricegrabber.jpg

drames

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
even better:

$49.99 with free shipping from Amazon

Price Grabber is a little buggy sometimes, its shows amazon selling it for 59.99 but they are actually selling it for 49.99 with free shipping.

I was originally going to get this printer (I opted for the Artisan 800 because I wanted the ADF and scanner) - but this is a really good deal - the inks carts are easy to fill from what I've heard. So you don't have to buy a set of a refillables.

download.png

I like Canon's honesty, in the sense that they give you ipms for speed --> for example, the Artisan 800 has an advertised speed of 38ppm, when you read the fine print it says after the first page has been fed into the printer and it is printing in Draft mode on plain paper, and it is very hard to read or see anything in the epson draft mode,

Canon is a little more honest in that sense. And the extra tray at the back is nice too --> quick printing with no hassles.

I would recommend getting the $14 3-year warranty as well, although you should read all the reviews as a disclaimer.

nhendrix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
good find, drames. I admit pricegrabber seems a bit behind
on getting alerts out, but with the ip4700 in the fifty dollar
range, it has been working out that good deals still come
available on a regular basis. -Nick