Canon PIXMA IP4200 Alternate Flash 11 times

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tudor said:
It is a good idea to add Location to your profile: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/profile.php?section=personal&id=10526
Since you asked for a US based supplier I assumed you are located in the USA...

As you can see, there is no "bumping" on this forum. People read your post and help if they can.
"Bumping" will only lead to "skip this thread" and "this OP is trolling so I will ignore him". Or worse...

Just a friendly advice...

Maybe this will clarify: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/misc.php?action=rules

Read a few times 4 and 6 from "Dont's.
Oh ok. I have no choice though but still buy from Precision Colors. I have no problem with that, I was just trying to make things cost less.

I didn't know that, I apologize then. I am accustomed to several forums that allow bumping. I guess this one is new to me.

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
When the "ink is running low" message appears in my canon printer status, is that a ground for ink replacement already? Or is it advisable to wait for the "ink has run out" message?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
kevindd992002 said:
When the "ink is running low" message appears in my canon printer status, is that a ground for ink replacement already? Or is it advisable to wait for the "ink has run out" message?
If you are not refilling you can wait for the "ink out" message as the printer still leaves a margin of error to protect the printhead. If refilling, the best option is to refill before the ink low message - maybe when there is 10-15% ink left in the reservoir. At the same time you can top up the other cartridges. When you install a newly filled cart the printer will run a cleaning. Just refilling one cart and not topping up the others causes more cleaning cycles and more waste of ink when you refill each cart one at a time. In addiition, letting the sponge area go almost completely dry by using it until the "out of ink" message can shorten the number of refills before having to purge the cart.

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
fotofreek said:
kevindd992002 said:
If you are not refilling you can wait for the "ink out" message as the printer still leaves a margin of error to protect the printhead. If refilling, the best option is to refill before the ink low message - maybe when there is 10-15% ink left in the reservoir. At the same time you can top up the other cartridges. When you install a newly filled cart the printer will run a cleaning. Just refilling one cart and not topping up the others causes more cleaning cycles and more waste of ink when you refill each cart one at a time. In addiition, letting the sponge area go almost completely dry by using it until the "out of ink" message can shorten the number of refills before having to purge the cart.
Thanks for the confirmation!

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I know of no way of confirming printhead operation without printing with it. A service test print would reveal the most amount of information.

Wayne

kevindd992002

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
turbguy said:
I know of no way of confirming printhead operation without printing with it. A service test print would reveal the most amount of information.

Wayne
What is a service test print and how do you do it?