Canon Pixma iP4000 Print Head ?? Problem

Clynt

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
However, I've got a problem ! ! I can't get the MP760 to print. Being second hand, it didn't come with an installation CD. I downloaded the appropriate driver from the Canon website together with all the associated software and manuals. All the screens look OK. When I try to print something, it just sits there at the end of the print queue. What am I doing wrong? At the Canon service centre, the technician connected the MP760 to his computer and clicked on the MP760 out of a long list of printers and printed a test page. He then copied the test page using "Copy". Both the test page and the copy came out perfectly. I don't even seem to be able to do an automatic head alignment and test pattern. Can you please advise. Clynt

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Did you install the driver before you plugged in the printer? If not, unplug the printer, delete the printer from the control panel, uninstall every thing, re-install and then plug in the printer when it tells you to.

Did you make the printer the default or otherwise specify it when you are printing something?

If you unplug the USB cable, does the printer become unavailable (offline) in the printer control panel?

Clynt

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi ghwellsjr. I was about to answer "yes" to all three of your above questions; then I realised that whilst I had downloaded the driver before connecting the power and USB cables, I had not opened the driver before connectin the USB and power cables. (I had previously downloaded the driver(s), manuals and ancillary programs onto a flash drive (and moved the unopened downloads onto my hard drive) so the I could install them on a couple of computers.) I reinstalled the driver (only) and now the MP760 prints perfectly (although I didn't uninstall "everything", i.e., the ancillary programs, as you suggested. If I have any problems with these programs, I can uninstall and reinstall "the lot".) Thank you for your help and advice on these matters, (without which I wouldn't now own an MP760 costing $50). Clynt in Sydney, Australia. PS: What are "vacuum fill" and the "German method"? Do they relate to an ability to refill chipped ink tanks (such as in my iP4300) and not have the on-screen warning that these tanks are empty, although full?