Canon Pixma iP3600 - error messages

Kath

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip3600
Hi Peter

Thanks for the link to the iP3600 / iP3680 SIMPLIFIED SERVICE MANUAL - ftp://mail.racs.co.bw/Canon/Bubble%20Jet%20Printers/IP%20RANGE/IP3500/ip3600-ssm.pdf. My printer has 10 green flashes and 10 amber ones before the longer green flash starts the sequence again. The manual shows that this means 'VH monitor error [B200] The print head voltage is abnormal.

1) Part replacement:
- Print head and logic board (Replace them at the same time.)
- Power supply unit
Sounds expensive. Is it worth going any further or do I just invest in a new printer?

Many thanks Kath

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
This post might look a bit strange. Two posts from another thread is missing. I suggested starting a new thread as this is a new problem and printer. The content of the two missing posts is here:
Kath wrote:

Hi does the orange light flashing on any canon ip mean it is destined for recycling? I have been looking at the After school clubs Canon pixma ip3600 printer which has been left standing for a few months. Now when you turn it on flashes the green and orange alternatly and doesn't print at all! The inks have been changed but no luck. when the inks are in the position to replace all the inks have a red light by them is that right?
Any help appreciated. Thanks.,
and here:
PeterBJ wrote:

Hi Kath

The pattern of the green and orange blinks is a code giving the type of error. So what is the blink pattern? Some error codes are common for many printers; 5 yellow or orange blinks often means that the print head is defective.

To decipher the code you need the service manual for the Pixma 3600: ftp://mail.racs.co.bw/Canon/Bubble Jet Printers/IP RANGE/IP3500/ip3600-ssm.pdf

See pages 5/17-7/17 incl for error codes and blink patterns.

The red lights on the cartridges in the change position is OK, it means that cartridges contain a sufficient amount of ink. When a cartridge is low on ink the red light on that cartridge is flashing, an no light means the cartridge is empty.

For clarity reasons, could you please start a new thread after having determined the blink pattern? Else things get complicated, Is an answer related to your post or the OP's question?

The error code means the print head is defective and the suggested remedy is to replace both the print head and the logic board. Doing a search for the print head it might be possible to locate one, but the print head will be more expensive than the printer. I guess a logic board will be nowhere to be found.

When a Canon print head fails, there is a risk that it damages the logic board. A damaged logic board can damage a new print head, so replacing the print head is a gamble, and I don't know your chances of success. You decide if it is worth the risk.

The Parts number for the print head is QY6-0073-000 if you want to search for one.

Kath

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma ip3600
Thanks for the research and information. I think we will just replace the printer. At least we know it would be too costly rather than just wondering if it would have been worth it.