Canon PIXMA G4410, Can it print on non photo card?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Please post a link to the specs you mention. There might be more info in those specs that would potentially explain your seeming paper weight handling discrepancy.
I found this link that appears to be a a PDF of the iP3000 specs showing the paper weight handling that may explain your experience.
64-105 gr refer to the specs, for plain paper in the IP3000 service manual. Of course no photo paper deserving this name would be as light as 105gr/sq.meter
My guess is that the limits of paper handling are imposed by thickness and, depending on the paper feed path, also rigidity of the media.
Possibly a printer capable of handling photo paper of 350g won't cope with plain cardboard of the same weight, which will be thicker and more stiff.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
My guess is that the limits of paper handling are imposed by thickness and, depending on the paper feed path, also rigidity of the media.
Density, thickness, "rigidty", and the composition of the "paper" play a role. Resistance to feeding such as due to friction may tax paper handling, for example feeding an unrolled roll of otherwise in-spec paper. Paper handling seems a multifactorial issue simplified by following the manufacturer's specifications.

64-105 gr refer to the specs, for plain paper in the IP3000 service manual.
Yes, we know this already. My request for you to post a link to your specs was to see if more information was available, as in the link I posted and then quoted. You might have shortchanged yourself on the specs available and therefore your understanding of potential paper handling.