Canon Pixma 620 No Cyan Now Solved

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Apologies for duplicate post but the original has 4 copies of trigger 37 reply and whilst I have uploaded scans of before and after the latest cleaning operation, I was unable to reply got Server Error try later.

After the cleaning I printed a web page and colours were OK but not anything like the screen. I then downloaded some colour test charts and did these. Again all the colours were right but quite a way from the screen shots.

I will have to investigate the driver/colour management side because I am using the same inks/paper. The results on their own are quite acceptable but not as saturated as the original charts black in particular looks a lighter.

Anyway main purpose getting the printer going again has been achieved with Ajax window cleanerView attachment 70View attachment 71 I noticed later the missing nozzles in the PGBK channel and another nozzle test has reduced that to 1 which hopefully will disappear with more use.

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I cannot view the attachments, I get an error message saying I do not have the privileges. But yesterday a duplicate post showed your nozzle checks. The first showed very bad clogging in both cyan and magenta, the second showed cyan now OK, but the magenta was still badly clogged with normal magenta being too weak and the lighter magentas missing, and the lettering and rectangles dark green instead of a neutral grey.

Here is a better looking nozzle check of a QY6-0073 print head, same print head as used in your MP620:

MP540_5.jpg

Note that the "CCCMMMYBK" letters and the rectangles to the left and right of the letters are neutral grey. Had they been dark green, this would indicate a defect in magenta.

So sadly, there is no reason to investigate driver and colour management, the error is still in the print head.

Your duplicate post was caused by a server error, and the wrong duplicate post was removed, so could you please post your nozzle checks again?

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
I cannot view the attachments, I get an error message saying I do not have the privileges. But yesterday a duplicate post showed your nozzle checks. The first showed very bad clogging in both cyan and magenta, the second showed cyan now OK, but the magenta was still badly clogged with normal magenta being too weak and the lighter magentas missing, and the lettering and rectangles dark green instead of a neutral grey.

Here is a better looking nozzle check of a QY6-0073 print head, same print head as used in your MP620:

View attachment 74
Note that the "CCCMMMYBK" letters and the rectangles to the left and right of the letters are neutral grey. Had they been dark green, this would indicate a defect in magenta.

So sadly, there is no reason to investigate driver and colour management, the error is still in the print head.

Your duplicate post was caused by a server error, and the wrong duplicate post was removed, so could you please post your nozzle checks again?
Thanks PeterBj can confirm that my second nozzle check which I have in front of me matches your first class example apart from some missing nozzles in PGBK but further printing testing the colour rendition has eliminated these. I also got the same server error when trying to view my own attachments, and yesterday could not get internet connection to the site, but OK today. Probably a few gremlins in the new system.