Canon Pixma 100 Profiles

mawyatt

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100
I have the Pixma Pro 100 and a MacBook Pro. I am an old Windows guy and not that good on the Mac, but learning slowly (not good at navigating the Mac yet). I am not sure how to use the profiles from Precision Colors for printing with their ink and various papers. I have downloaded the profiles and they show up in the Macs ColorSync Utility, but they do not show up under the Printer Profile in Canon Print Studio Pro. Also, which Color Mode should I use, the Use ICC Profile or the Pro Mode?

Thanks for the help

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
ICC Profile.

Why the switch?

mawyatt

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100
Got tired of all the issues with Windows, have been a PC/DOS/Windows user since the original IBM PC. So far the Mac has been a pure pleasure, although I still have lots to learn. At work we are still PC based, so I still use these….but much prefer the Mac.

I even got a couple Thunderbolt RAID systems configured without issue on the Mac, would have never even tried that on a PC.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
But printing on them!!!!!! Yikes
Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sorry Joe I would not totally agree with you, because if you’re printing from a Mac and make the classic mistake of thinking it’s the same from Windows then yes it’s downright difficult and near next to impossible to get it right, to Mac print you have to think twice and check twice then it will work !

The Mac print system hasn’t changed since the old publication days when it was so precise and totally dominant back then, and now the printers have changed but the Mac system hasn’t kept up with these newer printers, but it still works just as precisely..

mawyatt

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100
Thanks guys. The Mac is certainly different, and in certain areas not intuitive for someone from the Windows world. How about some guidance on the real reason for my post, the profiles and Color Mode?

Cheers,

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sorry for going off post but there are not many Mac photo users on this forum that can help you with your problem, one suggestion would be to also add them into Library /ColorSync/ profiles.

You can always try running ColorSync Utility/ find profiles and then click repair, I use a Mac but I never use or generate any profiles so am not too sure where to store new ones !..