Canon Paper Deal - Seriously consider Oct 17, 2017-Oct31,2017

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@stratman, it’s not anything like the Wild West, if companies or individuals register to sell through AliExpress they can’t rip you off, because AliExpress get your money first, not them, so if the item turns out to be not what you purchased or "faulty", you get your money back, Guaranteed.;)

Now Alibaba/AliExpress are not "China", they are a worldwide company that is Hong Kong registered, Apple are American and are a worldwide company that is Caribbean registered.:hu

It’s obvious you haven’t purchased anything through AliExpress before because if you did then you wouldn’t be swinging that shillelagh around your head and cussing everything that’s Chinese.:rant

I’ve got no problems buys through AliExpress and can recommend them as a very safe place to do business with, yes the description of items can be a bit vague, but you can easily use their website to get better clarification...:D

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@The Hat , I do not think we are far apart on this. However,you make no mention of the critical point I made initially and subsequently that the print heads are sold under dubious circumstances at best, counterfeit "new" at worst. This has been undisputed on this forum in the past. The link I provided in my last post demonstrates the print heads listed on AliExpress are from China, some that may be the same scammers that advertise on Alibaba and eBay.

Instead you discuss the guarantee from Alibaba and their business practice of receiving the money first, instead of the seller, which provides a measure of buyer protection. Yes, I knew of this, because you have spoken on this previously. Yet, you seem unaware the same or similar applies to eBay, or at least did not mention this. Should I now admonish you for not buying something on eBay then?

The descriptions of the print heads are not just "vague", they are deceptive and purposefully so, unless you believe somehow these merchants are incapable of understanding the principles of honest advertising. I do not think this is your position.

I do not know the process of advertising an item on Alibaba or AliExpress, but I can tell you that eBay requires the seller to choose from a short and unalterable list the condition of the item - new, used, etc - and these options have clear and specific meanings that are published in the ad next to the condition selected. Does Alibaba and AliExpress have this requirement? I did not see that in all the AliExpress ads. An oversight by the web site management to be eventually corrected?

BTW, Hong Kong is China, at least that is what the Chinese government says. The vendors or origins of these dubious print heads, as far as I've seen, are primarily if not entirely from China. I have purchased items from China via eBay and had good experiences. But it is a Wild West of sorts in this burgeoning online marketplace out of China that may be tempered and improved over time as long as the economics of a "free market" are allowed to drive the business practices.

Last edited: