canon mx340 usa

cptnovius

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a place in california that can build me a ciss for my canon mx340 usa model with new cl-211 cartridge and new pg-210 cartridge. I do know there is a place in the uk that said they would make me one if i send them the cartridges. I dont want to ship them overseas as to how long i could take and the extra money for shipping. Any help would be appriciated.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
cptnovius
Having a CISS is like having a dog it needs a hell of a lot of looking after, and the poop.

CISS systems work fine with a lot of attention and unless you are going to be printing dozens
of sheet a day 24/7 therere not worth the trouble.

Invest in a good refilling system instead with quality inks and OEM cartridges and you wont go wrong.
Cost for cost the refill way is as economical if not cheaper than owning a CISS and much more satisfying.

Do yourself a big favour and carefully check out both ways for printing first and then decide,
+ I can safely say youll pick to go with refilling.

Happy printing.. :)

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Agree! +1

For my situation, a fairly high number of carts refilled in batches gives me somewhat the equivalent of a "poor man's CISS" without the expense and hassle of a CISS. Typically, I've read that CISS doesn't work well in Canon entry-level, mid-level, and prosumer printers below the wide-format monsters.

When I've got a lot of prints to make, I can stage plenty of letter size prints to do in the print-queue, and start with a full set of carts so it will run out of paper before it runs out of ink (typically PC and/or PM on the Pro 9000-2 ... my iP4500 uses ink carts more evenly). Then quickly refresh by replacement any ink carts that are reporting Low, are Empy, or even close to Low, and put in another full load of paper to print. A CISS isn't going to keep my input paper tray full anyway.